PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 7145 Memory issues

Custom Search

blazeddonkey
02-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a KM Bizhub 7145. I am trying to scan files of about 100 pages or so via FTP to my server and I keep getting a memory full error at about page 30. I had someone come out and increase the memory to 128MB and it didn't do anything. When I first start scanning the memory starts at 90%. Anyone know what I am missing here? I couldn't find any threads about it and Konica offers nothing in the way of help. Any help, ideas, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pepper38_cnd
02-21-2010, 12:10 AM
You need the optional HDD to scan large documents.

strider5555
02-23-2010, 05:15 PM
A couple of things to try. Clean the optics first. All the mirrors, reflectors and glass, and possibly even the lens in front of the ccd. If they are dirty, it will really eat up the memory. Set the scan resolution to 300dpi or even 200dpi. And if those 2 suggestions don't help, then you need to install the hard drive kit.

blazeddonkey
03-03-2010, 11:02 PM
thanks for the responses........I wish I would have posted this before I listened to the shop that told me I need more memory. I don't think that $ money did anything to help my cause. I cleaned it up and had originally moved the resolution to 200pi when I was troubleshooting. No luck! Looks like those HDD's aren't very affordable either......do you happen to know if you can get them refurbished?

Thanks again for taking the time to post......

pepper38_cnd
03-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Check with Memory Experts much better price than KonicaMinolta

strider5555
03-03-2010, 11:20 PM
If you can find one, you can buy a 40 gig ide laptop drive and that will work. Unfortunately you still would need the mounting kit which comes with a cooling fan. I haven't tried it myself, but you might try an IDE to CF adapter and just use a compact flash card. Probably a whole lot cheaper than buying a harddrive kit. Other than that, you could try these guys. They sell memory and HDD kits for Konica copiers. Memory Experts International - Manufacturer of copier memory, printer memory, fax memory, pc memory and copier cabinets (http://www.memoryexpertsinc.com/en/index.html)

Custom Search