PDA

View Full Version : minolta EP-2130 bad quality of image

Custom Search

bechir00011
02-20-2010, 09:29 AM
hi,

i have a copier minolta EP-2130.the iU have reaches the end of life,the copier dont initialize.I have reset it with a Katun fuse 1/16 A specific to this model ,the copier work correctly but the copy is very very light.I have cleaned the optical system ,change the 2 coronas , i have cleaned the contact surfaces and springs.I have changed the drum.

Now the copy is not clear in the midle of page , in the edge of page the copy is good for one cm .the white space in the original copy are not white in the copy but they are dirty white.

can you help me please.

KEVIN900
02-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I have good news, and bad news, bechir00011. The good news is this model has been deemed obsolete since August 2004. THe bad news is your High Voltage unit is shot. Wash your hands of this. Way past time for your customer to upgrade.

Hansoon
02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Judging from Bechir's name he might come from a country where people are not that easy in throwing equipment away as long as there is still some hope.

Bechir, based on your description I could imagine that the developer (starter as Minolta calls it) isn't sufficient or not yet mixed well enough after you replaced the drum. Doesn't look like an HV issue for me.

If you remove the drum from the IU once again, have a look if the build up of developer on the mag roller is equal from front to rear.

Hans

brent
02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
just a really quick thought here. before you replaced the fuse and ran a f8 (by replacing the fuse) did you trick the machine and actually remove the toner bottle from the hopper? because you have to do that first. in order to make this work right. if not the machine still thinks it is getting a new image unit with a new starter bottle. so you may have left the toner bottle in. and now the developer unit is full.

that is what I would check first

brent

Custom Search