PDA

View Full Version : KONICA 7135

Custom Search

copierlady
02-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Hi guys! Another working week end. I'm woring on a konica 7135, and everytime the copier is powered up it pulls a paper from drawer 2 (on its own), and jams (j-81-0). Pull the jam out, close the door, and it pulls up another sheet and jams. There is no copy, fax , or print job in the memory it is just pulling up pages on its own and then jamming at j-81. Paper in the trays match the, dials on the trays, and the paper size indicated on the screen is correct. Any ideas?

fishleg
02-21-2010, 08:10 AM
I'd guess its either one of the paper feed solonoids stuck up possibly at the back of the machine. I think the machine runs all its motors and clutches when it starts up hence if one of the solonoids is up instead of freewheeling it pulls a sheet in.

If it was me I'd remove the faulty tray just so it comes to ready pull off the back cover and watch the feed motor and solonoids at the back. I think if you have the service manual you can test everything one by one but its just as easy to watch.

copierlady
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Ok, thanks fishleg, i'll give that a try. If that is the problem, can i clean the solonoid, or do i need to just go ahead and replace it to avoid the same problem in the future?

SmellsHot
02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
what happens if you have both trays open when the machine is cycling and then close them when its done?
It's definitely something to do with the solenoid, or possible the cam gear that the solenoid releases.....like previous post i'd watch them to see what happens.....

copierlady
02-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Thanks guys. It was the solenoid it was stuck. I just changed it out and it runs like a top now.
Have a great week.

Custom Search