PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta 3510 question

Custom Search

brent
02-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I have a couple of these machines the 3510 with out finishers and I am having a paper curling issue with them. I think they are using really cheap paper. but the copies come out and make a huge circle right on the output tray. when we do double sided copies they copies are much better. but single ones they just ball up. this is running the paper in the portait position. landscape is fine because the paper is longer and it hits the tray and does not curl. just curious if anyone has seen this before? thanks

brent

connecticcut
02-22-2010, 11:34 PM
when you install finisher ,you cut small roller on the fixing unit (exit roller).When you take off finisher you have this problem (a paper curling).

After ,i didn't never cut exit roller when i installed finisher (it's better).

you find a fixing unit with all the exit rollers or you replace roller (fusing section index 9 ref 4030-5802-01...roller)

Cantechman
02-22-2010, 11:45 PM
That can happen if the paper is a little too damp. You can make up some type of exit guide. There is a triangle shaped guide I usually use, does your machine have that?

TheOwl
02-23-2010, 01:29 AM
If you think that it could be paper related, take some good paper with you to the call and test in the machine. If it fixes the issue, then you know what the customer will have to do after that.

If it doesn't fix the issue, then connecticcut's idea sounds good. Cantechman is right about damp paper though. If it is damp enough, it will cirl badly. The orientation of the paper can also help the situation as the fibres in the paper go one way which effects the curling of damp paper.

fixthecopier
02-23-2010, 02:14 AM
The fuser unit for units with and without finishers are different. There are extra rollers on the unit with out a finisher. Those extra rollers hold the paper up straight while exiting the machine. I rebuilt one at the shop for a quick install and it drove me nuts because the customer kept calling about the paper rolling over on itself. I finally took that last roller off their old fuser and put it on the new one and the problem stopped. This is what connecticcut is saying also.

brent
02-23-2010, 03:17 AM
I appreciate your comments. the 2 actually did not ever have finishers. so they have the extra rollers still on there. I have made some make shift triangle thing. to actually catch the paper. and that works. just looks kind of funny on a nice machine. I will take out some good paper and try. probably shizzy paper. it is a big company that runs the weakest paper out there. thanks for your thoughts

brent

n3o
02-23-2010, 08:02 AM
can someone tell what's the part number on the exit tray and where can i find it .... online shop , i want to take off the finisher;
i've had this problem with curling even with the finisher mounted , i thought it was the humidity , when i looked at the fuser exit rollers , they where all toasted .
di 3510f have intelligent sorting ? i mean if you have landscape and portret paper in it , does it know to make 1 set of paper landscape and 1 portret to sort it ?

brent
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
yes the di 3510 does have inteligent sort. have to have one paper source in the tray portrait and one to be landscape 8 and a half by 11. I think you just can hit sort. but the intelligent sort has to be enabled in the tec rep mode. I believe

Cantechman
02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
can someone tell what's the part number on the exit tray and where can i find it .... online shop , i want to take off the finisher;
i've had this problem with curling even with the finisher mounted , i thought it was the humidity , when i looked at the fuser exit rollers , they where all toasted .
di 3510f have intelligent sorting ? i mean if you have landscape and portret paper in it , does it know to make 1 set of paper landscape and 1 portret to sort it ?

I looked but I can't find that part as a standalone part. It comes attached to the machine when its new. It shows it in the setup instructions of the copier. Usually they are thrown away as most companies tend to go with the finisher.

brent
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
here is a scan of the page. I do believe it is a part that is available. part number

4030-5802-01

eg101
02-24-2010, 04:24 PM
I looked but I can't find that part as a standalone part. It comes attached to the machine when its new. It shows it in the setup instructions of the copier. Usually they are thrown away as most companies tend to go with the finisher.

Try P N 4641 4504 02 Guide

Hansoon
03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
We make like this:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3430/exitbizhubmod.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/exitbizhubmod.jpg/)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3430/exitbizhubmod.jpg

Its the triangled wire of an FN-105 being adapted.

Hans

brent
03-02-2010, 10:14 PM
actually that is a great idea. since the metal is slick also the paper does not have a chance to curl. great idea hans.

brent

Custom Search