PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 locks up sporadically when printing from Macintosh

Custom Search

ITMOSTLY
02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a customer with several Konica Minolta bizhub 601s and every once in awhile when printing from Macs the copiers lockup with blue light flashing on the control panel but nothing prints. The job does not show in the print queue on the copier so one has to power cycle the copier to make it functional again. The copiers will copy fine when in this print locked state. Obviously the copier does not understand something that is in the print data stream. Does anyone know if there any settings on the copier that will make the copier purge the job it doesn't understand and go on about printing other jobs? This office has several Mac users with various OSes so it would be very difficult to track down where the print job is coming from. Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TheOwl
02-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I would suggest a firmware upgrade to be the first step in trying to resolve this issue. There have been a few firmware releases in regards to printing issues with these machines.

Next I would look at the RAM on the machine to make sure that is OK. There is test that can be done from with in service mode.

Stirton.M
02-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Copy track enabled?

Also, though I am not certain about mac drivers, PC drivers can do what is called secure print, where the machine will quietly wait for the user to go to the machine and enter a code they chose at print time...ideal for accountants. Some of our older machines would physically lock up the print queue until that one job was cleared. Not sure about our latest machines as I have never tried this feature in a while. But it is worth a look at.

BlueBlazer
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I'd double check the drivers as well, there are a few different driver packs for Macintosh's and I had some account track incompatibilities from the original 601/751 driver set; they were fixed with the updated set on the Konica site. Also double check mac vs driver version; unlike PC's mac drivers are completely incompatible between OS versions causing some really weird problems.

Custom Search