PDA

View Full Version : KM 4035E printing issues, very pixelated looking

Custom Search

jockey
02-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I have a customer printing mainly PDF files, the color prints are very pixelated meaning you can see what looks like square blocks of partial image on the paper and some prints half the page has no image at all, checked the driver and it's set on KPDL checked the machine and it's set to KPDL also. Some prints come out fine most don't, just updated the firmware to the latest with no change. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated!

blackcat4866
02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
My best advice is change to the PCL XL emulation. The times I've had issues with PDF prints is when the IT rep has specified KPDL emulation. I've seen some very strange image artifacts and some image registration problems on the second side of duplex.

Also, always keep the printers emulation set at "Auto". The printer can identify the correct emulation to process the image. And you won't get any PostScript errors (KPDL driver sending to a PCL printer or PCL driver sending to a KPDL printer.

You may also want to try the "Print As Image" checkbox in the driver. =^..^=

jockey
03-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks Blackcat
I checked and the machine was set on KPDL auto, after reloading the driver and adjusting color registration the problem seems to have went away, not really sure but I think the color registration had alot to do with the problem.

Custom Search