PDA

View Full Version : C353 no Network Settings button

Custom Search

mascan42
02-26-2010, 01:18 AM
I have a C353 that can't communicate with the Fiery controller because it's constantly "Waiting for ARP request" and never getting it (this happens when connected directly to the network as well). The network settings button never appears, and the image controller setting button in the service mode is missing as well. I've tried initializing the network card and reloading firmware, but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Mr Spock
02-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Did you go into service mode and tell it you added a fiery? Then reboot and the controller option should be available then run server setup.

mascan42
02-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Can't.

the image controller setting button in the service mode is missing as well

Stirton.M
02-26-2010, 05:11 AM
You are referring to Controller Mode and type in tech rep not being available? Sometimes you need to wait a few minutes for it to initialize. It can sometimes take a bit.

Once the controller is available, you need to set it to type 1 if I recall correctly.

If it is not functioning, you may need to initialize the machine...basically wipes the memory and resets everything back to factory. This may correct the issue. Or it could be the MCB

seniortech
02-26-2010, 09:51 AM
You need the NVRAM recovery tool this will restore your Network Settings Button

harry2007
02-26-2010, 07:29 PM
This is a typical problem about a bug firmware at C353. You need for a new firmware for this machine.if you don't have it please send me a PM.

Custom Search