PDA

View Full Version : 7165 or HP 9065mfp Print controller "Not Installed" Message...

Custom Search

300EVIL
02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have an HP 9065mfp which is basically a 7165. For some reason, after ressetting the copier the print controller is no longer available and says "Not Installed" in the top/left corner of the main screen instead of "Idle". Does anyone know how to turn the print controller back on? I cannot find anything in the service manual or just looking through the settings. The print controller is some HP device, not the tipical IP or Fiery print controller.
Thanks!
EVIL

300EVIL
02-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh, I tried a Pi6500e print controller as well and still get the same message. I think it may be a DIPSW setting but I cannot find it in the manual.

300EVIL
03-01-2010, 06:24 PM
anyone???

300EVIL
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm still stuck with this one....

jotunn
03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
In case of print controller installation (either Pi6500e in Minolta Di650 or IP511 in Konica 7165), there is no need to set up any DipSW to get it to work (basically) - after proper installation of interface kit and controller, you can turn on machine, and controller should start.
In case of problems with controller, machine should show error codes SC49-xx. If there are neither error codes nor accessible Print button, you have to check interface between controller and machine.

Is there a label with model name or something on original print controller (that HP one)?
There is possibility that you can't use Minolta controller in this machine because of firmware modification.

300EVIL
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
In case of print controller installation (either Pi6500e in Minolta Di650 or IP511 in Konica 7165), there is no need to set up any DipSW to get it to work (basically) - after proper installation of interface kit and controller, you can turn on machine, and controller should start.
In case of problems with controller, machine should show error codes SC49-xx. If there are neither error codes nor accessible Print button, you have to check interface between controller and machine.

Is there a label with model name or something on original print controller (that HP one)?
There is possibility that you can't use Minolta controller in this machine because of firmware modification.

I understand what you are saying and would typically agree with you. This case is different though. The copier recognized the controller just fine up intil I re-initialized the NVRAM. Now the machine seems to somewhat recognize the controller with it's "Not Installed" message. It is definately some sort of SETTING not hardware as I have tried 3 other controllers.

jotunn
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
How did you perform NVRAM initialization - using procedure* or some other way?

*Procedure means:
- printing adjustment and management lists form 36 mode
- setting DipSW 31-0 to OFF
- running 92 from 47 mode
and so on...

Another idea - check DipSW 28-0 in 25 mode and set it to different "position" (set to 1 if there is 0, or set to 0 if there is 1).

I'm still looking for a solution...

300EVIL
03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
How did you perform NVRAM initialization - using procedure* or some other way?

*Procedure means:
- printing adjustment and management lists form 36 mode
- setting DipSW 31-0 to OFF
- running 92 from 47 mode
and so on...

Another idea - check DipSW 28-0 in 25 mode and set it to different "position" (set to 1 if there is 0, or set to 0 if there is 1).

I'm still looking for a solution...

Hi Jotunn,
Correct, that is the initialization process I used. I have preformed this on other KM's but never on an HP which doesn't seem that different other than the startup splash screen and the HP proprietary print controller.

I'm not near the copier at this time but will try changing DIPSW 28 and see what happens with a report back.
Thanks A LOT for your time!

300EVIL
03-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Okay,
I tried DIPSW 28 which was set to "on" and I turned it off. No change after reboot. The model number of this HP print controller is "Q3639A". I was able to barrow another NVRAM from another HP 9065 and the controller initializes properly. Unfortunately stealing the other NVRAM does me no good as I'd like to have two working machines, not one.

jotunn
03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi,
thanks for info about controller model. Also information about proper booting of controller with NVRAM stolen from another machine sounds good. I'll try to find enough spare time tomorrow at work to check some ideas.

If you have possibility to rewrite firmware in the machine, there is a chance that incorrect data in NVRAM will be overwritten with correct one.

300EVIL
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Any luck finding anymore info? :D

Custom Search