PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 Copier Problem

Custom Search

eurosears
03-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi,

After inserting the FS-114 finisher and running a few copies I had a jam in the upper tray area. After removing the jammed page I tried making additional copies. However, now the exposure lamp doesn't turn on when I try to make copies. It does go on when I turn the copier on and it goes through the checks and it also turns on from menu 47. I am not getting any error codes. All the pages that are coming out of the printer are black (since the exposure lamp is not scanning). Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I have heard that removing jammed papers can sometimes cause this problem by damaging a sensor.

eurosears
03-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Never mind. I fixed it. It seemed to have been a software problem (conflict of some sort). I basically removed the finisher, started the copier, turned the copier off, put the finisher back in and started the copier again. It worked.

mrwho
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
I remember when those finishers came out, I had to update the machine's firmware in order for the finisher to operate correctly. So check if your machine has the latest versions in order to prevent further calls.

eurosears
03-05-2010, 12:08 AM
For now it works fine. However, do you remember what is the lowest firmware version for the FS-114 to operate correctly on Konica 7145?

mrwho
03-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Sorry, no. It was quite some time ago.

eurosears
03-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Sorry, no. It was quite some time ago.

BTW do you know how to disable the message "Align Original on RADF Unit"?
Also, do you know how can I turn off the upper two trays (Tray 1 & Tray 2) so they don't show on the Copy menu?

mrwho
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
BTW do you know how to disable the message "Align Original on RADF Unit"?
Also, do you know how can I turn off the upper two trays (Tray 1 & Tray 2) so they don't show on the Copy menu?

I don't have my documentation with me right now, so I'll have to come back later with some definitive answer.

Anyway, if you got the service manual, check on the Software SW part of the 25 mode, you'll find some switches that will allow you to disable any tray you want - but they will be disabled for copy, print, fax, etc. As far as I know, you can't disable a tray just for copy and still allow people to print from it.

As for the message, I don't remember if you can make it disappear - it's just telling you to place the originals on the RADF. Why do you want to take it out?

eurosears
03-06-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't have my documentation with me right now, so I'll have to come back later with some definitive answer.

Anyway, if you got the service manual, check on the Software SW part of the 25 mode, you'll find some switches that will allow you to disable any tray you want - but they will be disabled for copy, print, fax, etc. As far as I know, you can't disable a tray just for copy and still allow people to print from it.

As for the message, I don't remember if you can make it disappear - it's just telling you to place the originals on the RADF. Why do you want to take it out?

I was looking over the service manual and couldn't find a switch code so if you find it please let me know. I wanted to disable it because it is not really needed and it is annoying sometimes.

Also, I seem to be lacking the PRINT option (menu) on my Konica 7145 even though I have the IP-431 board installed. I can't print anything from my computer on the copier using IP, USB or parallel port. However, I am able to establish an IP connection with the copier to review its options without a problem.

I did a factory reset lately and may have wiped it out (but I am not sure). Can you please tell me where I can get a firmware update to fix this and also what type of a cable do I need to run these updates? Also, can I use windows XP or 7 to run the program to update the firmware?
Perhaps there is a way to turn the PRINT mode somehow on on this copier without doing firmware updates?

Anyway thanx for all your help. You would believe how many people on this forum were trying to discourage me from fixing this copier (I had many major issues with it when I acquired it). Most technicians were telling me to throw away this copier. After spending few days on it and with your help as well as help from other people I was able to bring it back to life with almost no extra investment.

Custom Search