PDA

View Full Version : minolta di550 blank copies and jamming

Custom Search

digicor
03-01-2010, 03:19 PM
HELP! I have a minolta di550 making blank copies and stopping just past the lower corona, saying its jamed... no code out... i have replaced the imaging unit,the lower corona, the HV Pws board, the wires to the hvpws, still no code out or print on the page when it stops.. it should have some print on the page at the point going into the fuser... but no.... anyone have this prob? whats the fix? if any....:confused:

minimerlin
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Have you got drum charge? You should be able to see the charge needle glowing purple. You can also check on the end of the grid for voltage. Is there any image on the drum? Can you do a sky shot? Internal test print?

digicor
03-01-2010, 11:33 PM
there is no image on the drum, i have changed the whole image cart dv tank and all, same prob,no internal test prinr either, same result
any clues? this has happened to me before on a di470 but i had print, it was just stopping, we had to replace the machine due to no solution.
have you heard of this before?

rocky246
03-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Is the drum turning? I've had the drum drive gear break in the back and cause jams under the drum.

digicor
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
yes , everything is turning and seems to be working fine???? im stumped, this is the second case of this particular problem i have face with these older minoltas. could this be firmware failure?

minimerlin
03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Did you try the grid voltage? Sounds like no charge is the problem.

digicor
03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
ok cool, how would i check this? i have replaced the HV pwer supp, checked continuity on all the wiring,what else can i check and how?
if i see no visual evedence of glow across the top? then where else do i check and fix? is there a fuse to the hvpws? i checked all the fuses, i thimk
thanks for any help with this.

minimerlin
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
If you connect your meter to the grid and run the drum dry you should get at least 700v dc if you have charge. I don`t recall any fuses for HT. Try running machine without the trans/sep can to see if you get charge.

digicor
03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
ok ill give it wirl
thaks

kan
03-04-2010, 02:35 AM
If the charge is missing on a Digital machine (any copier with a write unit), you will see black copies and later see starter pulled out from the dev unit.
As mentioned before these machines are prone to drum drive failure. The dev unit can be seen turning, but the drum has a separate drive.
All the best!! And hope you find the problem soon.

digicor
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
thanks
i appreciate all the help i can get on this

brent
03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I agree. you would think that you would get black copies on a digital machine. check out the drum drive. on the di 470 sometimes the drum gets stuck on the shaft. but not on the 450 550. are you 100 percent sure the drum is spinning>?

brent

Custom Search