PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta 3510f problem

Custom Search

brent
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I have a 3510f with 200k on it. long story short the copier works. fax works. but when sending a 10 or what ever page print job to it. it will print the first page only. then the print job hangs. if you shut the machine off and then turn it back on the rest will come out. sometimes. then wit works. sometimes it does not print at all. this exact machine I had do this 2 years ago and tec support suggested that I repalce the mfb3 board. which did in fact fix it.. now it is doing this again. this board is not available. but I have another one to swap. is this a common thing on this model? because if you check prices. this board costs 1700 dollars. ouch. anyways any thoughts are appreciated

brent

fixthecopier
03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Before I would buy the board, I would buy a used machine, we sell ours for $2000.

brent
03-03-2010, 11:36 PM
yeah can you imaging spending 2k on a board for an old machine? I have another board or two. but just was wondering if anyone else here had similar problems with these machines doing that. kind of hard to swallow on a cost per copy that only makes about 4k copies per month.. ya know?

brent

brent
03-04-2010, 06:51 PM
update. today I replaced the mfb3 with a good working board. at first it printed like a race horse. then of course it
stopped and hung again. I realize this machine is older now and not as reliable as it used to be
but is there another board I should start to look at? the fax works great. the copier works great. just the
darn printer will hang in que. does not matter what you are printing from.
any help or thoughts on this issue?

thanks

brent

aleksander
03-05-2010, 02:49 AM
update. today I replaced the mfb3 with a good working board. at first it printed like a race horse. then of course it
stopped and hung again. I realize this machine is older now and not as reliable as it used to be
but is there another board I should start to look at? the fax works great. the copier works great. just the
darn printer will hang in que. does not matter what you are printing from.
any help or thoughts on this issue?

thanks

brent
Any other option installed in MFP? like Pi3505e, NC4 and Su2? have you ever try to Memory clear the copier in Initial Mode? Try it.

brent
03-05-2010, 06:05 AM
yes there is a pi 3505e and the nic card is also. cause you can't print without it. there is no su2. I will try a memory clear tomorrow. I had not thought of that. thanks

brent

brent
03-06-2010, 05:27 AM
the memory clear worked this morning. and it is still working. mabee that is what I should have tried before replacing the board
good thing I had a used board. who knows. the last time it worked and I must have had to do a memory clear as well. but one thing for sure. the customer is happy and I am happy. I am really glad that aleksander mentioned that. it worked.

thanks again

brent

aleksander
03-08-2010, 03:13 AM
the memory clear worked this morning. and it is still working. mabee that is what I should have tried before replacing the board
good thing I had a used board. who knows. the last time it worked and I must have had to do a memory clear as well. but one thing for sure. the customer is happy and I am happy. I am really glad that aleksander mentioned that. it worked.

thanks again

brent
You're most welcome brent. :)

Custom Search