PDA

View Full Version : C250 Scan Setup

Custom Search

Solotime
03-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Anyone got an easy step by step method to setup scan to email on a C250? I have seen some for other KM models but not the C250. I have a customer that wats to set it up on their machine and I am just not familiar with the setup on this model.
Also they want the default print setting to be B&W not color. Can you just change that in the printer setup screen?
Thanks Guys.

JSC
03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
The PDF will help you set up scanning on your C250, as for setting up the defaults set the display as you want ie B/W intsead of colour or whatever then press utillity/counter and in user or copier settings ( Sorry to be vaige im going on memory here) you need to change it from Factory settings to current settings.

Good luck.

emujo
03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Setting printing defaults is accomplished 1 of 2 ways...
1. If the printer is a shared resource on a print server, go to properties, Advanced tab and under "printing defaults", set the device to grey scale (under quality). Any one that connects to this printer will be defaulted to grey scale.

2. If this is a local install ie manually added to each workstation, you will have to set the printing defaluts at each station.

Another method waould be to turn on user authentication, create the public user, and unless they have the appropriate code, no color would be allowed regardless of their quality settings. Emujo

JSC
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Setting printing defaults is accomplished 1 of 2 ways...
1. If the printer is a shared resource on a print server, go to properties, Advanced tab and under "printing defaults", set the device to grey scale (under quality). Any one that connects to this printer will be defaulted to grey scale.

2. If this is a local install ie manually added to each workstation, you will have to set the printing defaluts at each station.

Another method waould be to turn on user authentication, create the public user, and unless they have the appropriate code, no color would be allowed regardless of their quality settings. Emujo

Yea emujo is correct, my instructions were how to set up the defaults for copying not printing................my bag i diddn't read the question correctly............

Solotime
03-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Both suggestions worked perfectly. Thanks again guys.

Custom Search