PDA

View Full Version : B282 no of rings setting

Custom Search

Rudi
03-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi guys
I recently installed 2 B282 machines, on the one ,the option for number of rings before it switches to fax is 1 to 16 on the other it is 1 to 4 , does anybody know of a way to set the 1 to 4 to be 1 to 16 .
Regards
Rudi

KEVIN900
03-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey Rudi, I've never had to do this adjustment, but here's what I found researching this. This is something you can adjust in Soft Switch Settings. They are adjusted in Maintenance Mode. To Enter Maintenance Mode, touch in the following order: Utility, Check Detail, Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 2. Screen changes to Maintenance Mode. Enter; 00000000. On next screen, touch Soft Switch Set. Enter 019. Touch bit select. On the machine with Four rings, the first 5 digits get changed ( the digits under 7,6,5,4,3 ) . The digits on your copier that has Four rings, it should read "00100", which is the binary equivalent of "4". Using the "<" and ">" arrows, and the "0" and "1" keys, change to "10000", which is the binary equivalent of "16". Then touch "Enter" twice. A word of caution, Rudi. The manual recommends not exceeding 10 rings ( binary 01010 ), yet it allows you to choose up to 20 rings ( 10100 ). Always write down the settings as they were when you start, just in case I am incorrect. Good Luck, and let me know how we did.

Danie
01-22-2014, 10:30 AM
The above statement is correct, have tried it and its working fine, I Have a problem with a B282, giving me the following error: direct input is restricted, please select destination from one-touch key??

Any help would be great

emujo
01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Another Admin setting under "restrict access". But this may be the policy of the administrator, you may not be allowed to input any fax# and are required to only use the pre-programmed one touches. Not a very common setup, but I have seen it. Some admins also restrict the ability to modify the return address so you can't show emails coming from a different user and so on....Emujo

Custom Search