PDA

View Full Version : Odd issue with paper trays!

Custom Search

GareyP
03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
We have a Bizhub 350 that was moved from one location to another by a client of ours. It was working fine in the original location. When they got it to the new place and turned it on, it wouldn't recognize the correct paper size of 8.5 x 11. It would either register as 8.5 x 5.5 or come up saying that it doesn't recognize the paper size in the tray. It happens in both trays 1 & 2! If we put the paper in lengthwise 8.5x11R or 8.5x14 it recognizes those sizes just fine. We have tried different trays, checked to make sure the rails were ok, checked all plugs and sensors.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? It's driving me crazy!

Thanks Folks

Rudi
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
On the back of the drawer there is a black metal plate that makes the sensors inside the machine and moves in and out when you adjust the guides , just bend the plate upwards a little bit , not to much , the plate bends down for some reason and cannot make the sensors.

pepper38_cnd
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
The drawers activate a set of sensors that have little metal fingers hanging down in front of them, when the machine was moved the little fingers on the lower tray were damaged fix or replace them.

malthus
03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
inside the tray under the lifting plate are a couple of screws which slackened allow you to adust the side guides which also move the the black bar with cut out s for making width detection via photo sensorat rear frame trial and error for adjustment

Hansoon
03-05-2010, 05:13 AM
... or the frame where those sensors are mounted is likely being pushed to the rear. Just grab the plate and pull it a little to the front of the machine.

Hans

GareyP
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
THANK YOU ALL! I went there today and tried bending the Black Bar up that goes through the CD sensors and TAHDAH it works great now. I was afraid to bend that bar, it looked straight to me but that was what the fix was. Thanks again!

Custom Search