PDA

View Full Version : Network Setup Konica 7145 Copier

Custom Search

eurosears
03-05-2010, 04:40 AM
I have the IP-431 board and I downloaded the PCL Drivers (IP-432 PCL Win2K XP 2003 vKM4417a.exe) from Konica website. While I am able to ping the copier and access/change settings using the PageScope Network Setup I am unable to print anything or scan to computer/ftp/email etc. It gives me an error that network connection is not available. When I go into Key Operator Mode I see the following menus:
1. System/Copier
2. Network
3. Scanner
4. Enhanced Security
Can someone please explain to me how I can connect the copier to make it print over the network and, also, scan into PDF and send it to the computer (doesn't matter is its through FTP or directly). I am just tired of trying to figure this out. Thank you.

BTW I am sure that the PCL drivers work fine since they do print when I enter a different IP number so that I can print on a different network printer (even though the text is unreadable).

barratec
03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Try this :
connecting the IP431 with a parallel cable does it print? If it doesn't maybe you have to reinstall the controller firmware on the CF card inside it.
If it prints with parallel cable try to change the number of the TCP/IP standard port on the pc from 9100 to 10001.

To check the printer driver you can try to print with a HP laserjet 5si driver, with it the machine have to work fine if all is OK.

eurosears
03-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Well, the parallel cable didn't work. The computer did recognize the printer when I connected the cable but I couldn't print (waited like a minute before it gave me a print error message on the computer). I also noticed that my PRINT menu on the copier can't be turned on (I can only switch between COPY and SCAN/SERVER menus). I guess I do need to reinstall the controller firmware on the CF card. I had to Reset the copier to factory defaults few days ago and I may have wiped that firmware off.

Can you please tell me where I can get this firmware? Also, can you please tell me what type of a cable I need (model, type, etc.)? Also, can I use a computer running Windows XP or 7 to do such an update?
I assume you pug the cable to the lower portion of the IP-431 board (the long, black, plug).

fishleg
03-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Not sure on these but on the older models before 7145 you had to set the port up for 10001 as apr might be something as stupid as that. I'd get a network config out and look for the port name or number and make sure it matches in your driver some of these are not as simple as leaving the port on raw.

barratec
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
To rewrite the firmware of the print controller:
-uninstall the controller.
-inside the controller there's a flash card. Insert it in a card adapter and then in a pcmcia slot of your PC.
-cancel all the files and folders in the flash card. DON'T FORMAT THE CARD!!!
-copy all the files and folders in the ip432 folder of the Zip archives that i'll send you, to the flash card.
-reinstall the card and the controller.
P.S.: send me your email address cause i can't attach here the file of the firmware(too long). You have a Ip432 not a Ip431?right?

eurosears
03-08-2010, 05:35 PM
No, I have a IP-431 (but please send me two zip files, one for IP_431 and one for IP_432. Thank you.
My email is eurosears@yahoo.com

Custom Search