Hello to all
we all know the BizHub is KonicaMinolta
I recently purchased a C352P
and
also recently I found a very convenient price offer for a C450P
my problem is not the acquisition price per model
but I do not want both to keep
so
important is reliability and cost per print and we all know all of that depends on the prices per consumables and ease with which you can find them on the market and of course the prices per service or ease with which you can solve simple problems by your self at least the the simplest ones
I should mention that for both models I have the Service Manual and the WinSim application for service mode
my problem is more in terms of choice
what to choose ???
I am tempted to buy C450P and sell the C352P for several reasons ... only 40,000 prints on board configuration comes with 4 trays and booklet finisher FS-603
currently C352P has 270,000 print on bord and only 2 trays
but do not tell me to choose only by the number of prints on bord

from the information that I could squeeze from the web :

Consumables :

C352P - you can found all over the chips for toner and image units and then the image units and fuser and belt ... prices ok

C450P - not so easy to find ... and they are a little steep for the price ... toner is ok for the price

Technology :

C352P (Laser Electrostatic Tandem indirectly)
C450P (Tandem Type Indirect electrophotographic LED technology)
which is better ?

Speed :

C352P has both color and black and white at 35ppm
C450P 45ppm black and white and 35ppm color
I'm interested in color so the difference does not exist for me

Quality Print :

I am pleasantly shocked and impressed by the quality of print in C352P without the RIP .. it is super OK quality for me ... for what we seek and that is something I need to print lowcost book covers and interior book some fyers here and there ...
on the C450P I did not comment ... I have not yet seen a print from a C450 / C450P

Media :

C352P works only from Tray 1 with thicker paper and the banner width is only 297 mm
C450P works from any tray with thicker paper and the banner width is 311mm ... is important for staf with multiple openings

from what I could found on the web C450P was launched somewhere in 2005 and C352P somewhere in 2006 or 2007 I'm not sure

So what do I do?

buy the C450P and sell the C352P or I should be happy with what I already bought the C352P

how about you what you advise me to do ?

RRodgers
03-09-2010, 02:29 AM
I've always like the LED boxes over the Laser box in terms of the quality of print. To me the LED almost always looks better. (but maybe that's just me)
$.02

mo0651
03-10-2010, 02:26 PM
The c450p is an old technology box. Its older and supplies are cheaper. Will also be the first to be discontinued. And parts are older. Just a few thoughts before u dump a good machine.

ck1
03-12-2010, 05:13 AM
but C450 better that c352 .Reliability and goog print for graphic... ( no for text )

Custom Search