PDA

View Full Version : Yellow tinting on full sheets on Konica 8050

Custom Search

mcbrides printing
03-09-2010, 07:44 AM
I recently had the yellow developer and yellow drum replaced by service tech. All the colors register and the sheet looks fine except I can see a full yellow tine on the complete sheet. It is similar to a 3 to 5 percent dot screen. The service man does not seen to know how to fix.

mrwho
03-09-2010, 08:41 AM
This so called "tech" can't do a simple color registration adjustment?

Depending on the configuration of your machine, you can try to enter operator mode and, on the last page, there could be an option, inside of which you'll find four adjustments, one of them is color registration. Select it and get out of the operator mode for the machine to adjust itself.

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
i had same problem with a C500/ there's a sensor under each d/v unit when bad or dirty you get over toneing
affect if cleaning dosen't solve problem try swaping with another
remove transfer belt assy, & drums , & all d/v units ea. sensor has aboard on frt. side of carage covered
with black plastic
if you have concerns e/ me i can try to send the section of s/m to you

mrwho
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
First of all, sorry. I misunderstood you: I thought you were complaining about bad color registration. If what you're having is a full-page color background, scallanjoe has probably hit the nail right in the head - the sensor he talks about is the potential sensor, the part number is 65AA-228 (if you try to replace it, keep in mind that each new sensor comes with a small circuit board - don't try to use the old board, since each sensor board is calibrated to the sensor it comes with).

Another possible cause for this is if the drum counter was not reset after replacing the drum. Check with your service guy whether he forgot to reset the drum counter.

mcbrides printing
03-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the info. I have a book, but I could not find my problem in the trouble shooting and I am not getting an error code.
John

scallanjoe@yahoo.com
03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a book, but I could not find my problem in the trouble shooting and I am not getting an error code.
John

1 ST. John ck. your privet mesages w/ copietecknet.//2nd haveing a book & haveing knowledge is 2 dfferant things
of how the eq. runs is as important to a tech as how a air plane is to a avenoics tech 1st
disamble and clean 2nd. rotate sensors for testing 3rd replace if needed
it sounds like there are no quafiled tech in you area or some one is feeding you c--p
you have a hi tech pice of eq. & the C6500/ C6501 are even more so
hire some one thet knows what they are doing or get a copier

Custom Search