PDA

View Full Version : C252 data light flashes but no print comes out

Custom Search

xcopy
03-10-2010, 01:11 AM
I have taken the copier of the network and plugged in my laptop and tried to print test page and the data light flashes with laptop to.
Do i need to replace print controlle?

ck1
03-10-2010, 01:23 AM
try upgrade the new firmware.

copytechman
03-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Hard to say. Are there user codes or account codes enabled on the machine?

A.

ck1
03-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Hard to say. Are there user codes or account codes enabled on the machine?

A.
you r right too . ...

mo0651
03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
If the data lite is flashing I doubt if print controller is failing. Reformat the harddrive. Logical format usually works for us. Reformatting will lose any one touch buttons stored.

racosta
03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
You can Also try going into tech rep mode, system 2, image controller setting and make sure it is set to o. And make sure the hdd is enabled. This worked for us.

TheOwl
03-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Have you resolved your issue yet? If not, here are a couple of things to look at.

1. Make sure you check the job history on the machine. This will tell you alot about what is happening with your print jobs (including authentication failure)
2. Make sure that your print driver is definately set to print and not store your documents in things such as a user box or secure print.
3. Initialize the NIC in the machine.
4. Try reseating the RAM or if available, replace the RAM.

n25an
04-14-2011, 12:09 AM
I am running into the same issue.... with a bizhub c252... it could print perfectly before... I installed the fax board... but now it has the dreaded flashing green light... is there any way to wipe all the settings and bring the copier back to factory settings... or if thats not possible... is there a list of the default settings for the tech rep mode...

cause:

I believe I probably changed some setting that the machine needs for printing... the machine has no sensitive data on the hard drive and no vital settings have been inputted as yet...

any help would be appreciated...

mrwho
04-14-2011, 08:38 AM
- Do you have user codes or authentication set on the machine? If so, check if users are allowed to print without user code or if people are inserting the user code correctly;

- Try to reflash the firmware.

- You could have a corrupt NIC or NVRAM - there's the NVRAM reset utility that is programmed onto a CF Card and used to repair those.

- You can try to clear data in service mode and to format the HDD. Ultimately you can also try to remove the HDD and see if it makes a difference.

oldschool
04-14-2011, 06:11 PM
This can happen with vending equipment installed. If you're using the Vendor One setting than you'll need special firmware from Konica Minolta. There is also a software dipswitch to be set. If you're using the Vendor 2 setting than there are settings that need to be set in the administrator section under security. If you're vending printing via vendor 2;each job must be a secure print job. The hot line should be able to give you all the information you need. If you are vending let me know and I can give you more details if needed.

Custom Search