PDA

View Full Version : bizhub601 memory full on large scans

Custom Search

AVux07
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I've two of these models and a c352 at a law firm that all have the same problem, if they scan large (1500 page) documents (pdf) to an SMB folder they may get to 1200 or so before getting the memory full message and the job will disappear. All machines have HHDs and 1 GB of RAM. There's no way I can see to scan to the HDDs, maybe this would be the solution. The management list shows the HHDs installed. What's the theory of operation when one of these has a HDD? Thanks

mascan42
03-11-2010, 01:14 AM
A fairly obvious question, but what are they scanning? If the documents are graphics-heavy, it's entirely possible that it's taking up the entire memory. If the customer is using separate scan to combine several stacks of documents into a single scan job, I don't think the HDD comes into play.

BIG PAPA
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
To scan to HDD you need to create a user box. Not sure if that will help your sit tho. That many pages is prob. just above the max.

emujo
03-12-2010, 03:48 PM
with 1200+ pages, they must be choosing seperate scan...just as a trouble shooting check, try dropping the page count down to around 500 for each job, scan to smb, then scan the next set of 500 until job is complete. If it works, you can eliminate a problem with the max file size on the folder, and lean towards a memory issue on the MFP. I have added a 2nd 1gb mem chip for one of our customers trouble shooting a different problem so it does recognize up to 2 gigs memory, this might help if it is a machine problem. They may have to use acrobat to "re-assemble" the PDF docs at a later point. EMujo

Mr Spock
03-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Just to give you and idea about the size of the files involved. A sales rep was scanning an 80 page file (40 pages duplexed) and it kept failing when scanning to email. set up scan to smb and looked at the size of the documents. Same job once in color and once in b/w. The color job was 29megs and the b/w was 5.1 megs, so if it is the same ratio then the 1200 page job would be 435 megs in color and in b/w it would be about 75megs.

Custom Search