PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 , top tray jam, Out of ideas

Custom Search

fixthecopier
03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
The machine might feed one through, but most stop with the lead edge a few mm past the clear plastic guide coming out of the tray, no where near the reg roller. So far I have changed the feed and take up clutch, tried swapping the paper trays, found the bulletins on the problem and added the shim on the back of the tray and changed the arm that kicks down the take up roller. The front clamp to hold the tray in is not the issue, as ho;ding the tray in makes no difference. Any ideas would be welcome. Also when I started on this, I could see a roller skid mark on the paper that is jammed. That is when I started looking at the roller touching the paper

pepper38_cnd
03-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Assuming the rollers are in good shape, I would clean or replace the oneway berings that drive the feed rollers item 8 part# 4030 3034 01

RRodgers
03-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Hey fix... did you get my PM?

connecticcut
03-13-2010, 06:00 PM
same DIALTA you replace one way bearing (number 8)
first you replace feed (number 7)
after one way bearing
then clutch

fixthecopier
03-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Hey fix... did you get my PM?

Sorry,I got busy. On the old 620, based on what you said, I would change out the charge grid and wires and the transfer wires and blocks. I just ran into a 470 that was making awful copies and I would have bet everything on the charge, but after we changed the charge and it did not work, we changed the transfer out and got good quality. The pages looked like gray background with large black streaks.

fixthecopier
03-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Assuming the rollers are in good shape, I would clean or replace the oneway berings that drive the feed rollers item 8 part# 4030 3034 01

One of the things I first did was to pull the whole assembly and put it in a shop machine where it worked fine.

rocky246
03-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Did you replace the feed clutch in the back of the machine? It's the same clutch the DI2510's use.

fixthecopier
03-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Did you replace the feed clutch in the back of the machine? It's the same clutch the DI2510's use.

Yep, changed it and the take up clutch.

YouthAttack
03-15-2010, 06:27 AM
we've got a bunch of these machines in the field. it sucks! i replaced rollers, clutches, and it still jams.
one of the other tech's told me to remove the spring on the separator roller and it worked! no more jams :cool:

Cantechman
03-15-2010, 05:13 PM
HAve a look at the corner of the paper tray where the tray closes against the copier. It may be cracked. I ran into that before. There is a bulletin on it too. The drawer may not be staying closed tightly which is causing the lever in the back to be not engaging fully.

RRodgers
03-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Sure fast way to fix this is to bent the arm up a tad on the feed roller assem. (I'll have to find the picture I took and post it) After I do that, it works great all day long.

**edit**
and here is the photo
As you can see all I did was bend the arm up some, this allows for the paper feed tires to drop a tad lower. After I've done this, I've never had to come back for that problem. Works like a charm.

fixthecopier
03-17-2010, 11:41 PM
O.K., to recap, the feed assembly and the tray were swapped, the clutches in the gear assembly were changed. I went back today and took it all apart and changed the feed clutch again. when I turn the machine on, now the trays will not lift. Neither one of them. The machine will come up ready to copy, says to add paper, and if I open and close the right side door, it goes into the abort sequence, and if you press trouble reset it will abort again, like it is resetting. At this point, I cussed a lot and told the customer I would be back in the morning to replace it with a loaner.

kostasthess
03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Form Konica-Minolta database:
Contents Symptom
There is a symptom that the following phenomena may occur.
- The paper empty may be indicated due not to surely lifting up the Paper Lifting Plate when inserting the Cassette.
- The Jam may be indicated due not to lifting up the Paper Lifting Plate in process of feeding paper.
Cause In normal operation, the process, the Sensor which has been blocked with the Holder turn to be transmitted by the falling of the Pickup Roller when the Lever can be put on the projection parts of the Cassette's back, enables to send the signal of lifting up the Paper Lifting Plate.
However, this symptom may occur in case that the Sensor is not transmitted the Holder according to being short of the amount of lift-up on the Lever of Feeding Assy by the difference of the part accuracy.
Temporary Countermeasure In order to take the corrective action on this symptom in the field, the Spacer (4030 P002 00) has been newly made as a unique part for the field.
Permanent Countermeasure The shape of the Lever has been changed as follows in order to increase the lift-up amount of the Lever.
Note
The new Lever(4030-3011-03) enables to be mounted on the machines with the Spacer(4030P00200).

KonMan
03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
If its only jamming in the top tray is the mylar guide on the transport unit in the proper position. If its under the TX unit (or torn off) then the angle to feed out of tray 1 is incorrect.

Custom Search