PDA

View Full Version : C250 exited paper not laying flat

Custom Search

mascan42
03-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I have a C250 without a finisher, that the paper isn't falling down into the exit tray properly. The paper isn't curling, and I've tried fresh paper. The trail edge just seems to get hung up on the black plastic just under the exit pinch rolls, until eventually a page sits so high up that the exit roll pulls it back up and everything lands out of order.

I noticed that some C250's have smooth plastic exit pinch rolls and some have them with a sandpaper-like texture. This machine has the textured ones, and I also received the textured ones when I ordered replacements.

Also, has anyone ever had the exit unit out of the machine? Because I can't for the life of me figure out how it comes out, since there are no visible screws anywhere.

RRodgers
03-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Is the tray set to Thick 1 or Thick 2 or anything like that?
Try flipping the paper over in the tray and see if that helps.

mascan42
03-13-2010, 06:41 PM
No, the paper is set to normal, and like I said, I already tried using fresh paper. It also doesn't matter what size or orientation paper I use.

RRodgers
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Check the fuser, i've seen a bad fuser do this.

agudmove
03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Check the arm on the fixer paper passage actuator. If it is twisted (heat) what you describe will happen.

mascan42
03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Replacing the fuser had no effect. Any other ideas?

I'm still trying to figure how the exit unit comes out of the machine.

agudmove
03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I know you changed the paper, but what about a different brand ? I looked at taking off this part of the machine, but that's as far as I went. Does the paper orientation correspond to the tray size setting ?

mascan42
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
The problem was so simple that I looked right past it. The exit tray is slightly warped from the heat, and is sticking out too far.

Custom Search