PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c252 in Las Vegas

Custom Search

SavingMoney
03-14-2010, 12:48 AM
About a month ago, we had a problem with our c252 "ghosting" a little bit of the previous page on the top 1/2 inch of every page. Genius that I am (yes that is very tongue in cheek), I decided it was a problem with the fuser, so I replaced it, and like magic the carried over image went away.

Unfortunately for me, the problem is back not even 30 days later. I blamed the IU, then the toner cartridge, and after replacing both of those with new units, I'm left with only blaming myself.

Why would the top 1/2 inch or so of the previous page get carried over to the next page and how do I fix it?

Thanks for the help

copytechman
03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Try a second transfer roller, seen what looks like fuser offset caused by that roller on the newer c203-353 series boxes... very misleading!

Regards!
A.

rocky246
03-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Make sure the fuser is set to run paper and not envelopes. I had one where one side was set for envelopes and the other side wasn't. Might check the transfer belt also.

SavingMoney
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
copytechman: Thank you for the advice I was able to replace the second transfer roller and after the first page, the prints came out looking great for the first 10.

I'm still getting the "ghost" but to a MUCH smaller degree, and I can actually rub off the toner on the page. I'm guesssing something is wrong with the fuser at this point, going to create a new post asking for further instructions.

copytechman
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Are the fuser levers pointing up @ around 45 deg or straight up 12 oclock (jam release mode) or fully down (envelope mode)? They should (both) be pointing out and up towards you at around say 2 oclock. (normal position)

Regards!
A.

SavingMoney
03-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Tricky levers! I did indeed have them pointing down for envelopes. I put them set to paper and now the "ghosting" is gone.

Thank you rocky246, and thank you copytechman for the excellent explanation of what to look for.

Your help is much appreciated!

copytechman
03-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Not a problem, glad that worked out for you.

Regards
A.

RRodgers
03-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Did you get them from hughes calihan?

Custom Search