PDA

View Full Version : C550 Fiery HDD diminishing size

Custom Search

spandx17
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I have a C550 that the RIPS accessible hard drive space is continuing to get smaller. It is a 80 GB HDD and only has 8GB free space now. It is used for print only!! I have checked all the settings I can think of, but can not see why it is storing the jobs. You can not access any of the jobs on the drive either!

Any Thoughts!!!

RRodgers
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Download Command workstation from the fiery (if you haven't already) and log into the box. I'd be willing to bet ya got a bunch of stuck jobs in the que. To get command workstation just put the Fiery's IP into IE or FF or whatever browser you use, (be sure to let it have pop ups) and then download it from there.

TheOwl
03-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Also with the use of Command WorkStation, you run what is called 'Clear Server' which will remove all saved jobs in the print queue (default is 10 jobs) and any jobs that are in the hold queue. This will how ever remove any FreeForms and scans that are also stored on the Fiery HDD.

spandx17
03-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks, I have tried the clear server. The Fiery does not show any jobs being stored or archived. I have attached screenshots of Command Workstation and the Fiery Configuration. I can not figure out what is being stored and how.

Thanks

Albonline
03-16-2010, 07:49 PM
i would reload that one

spandx17
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
My company is not a Minolta dealer and we have limited access to what we can get. Does anyone know where I can get the system software to do the reload? I only have the old 2.0 software from back in the day. Don't think I can get it from EFI!

TheOwl
03-16-2010, 10:43 PM
A lot of people on the forums are stating that the system software comes on the Fiery disks. Have a look through those and you might find your OS that you need.

As for the HDD, I would suggest that you replace the HDD in the Fiery. Usually when you clear the server and you only get s small portion of HDD space back, it means that the HDD is on the way out, or needs repairing (chkdsk or complete format).

spandx17
03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Will try and see if they have the Fiery disks. Thanks for the help

n3o
03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
they are 2.5" hdd (laptop one's), they don't need to be "special"
only thing i dont't know if on the hdd are been stored fonts (ps/pcl) , if they are ... you could do a back-up of the fonts on the old hdd and put them on the new hdd

Custom Search