PDA

View Full Version : C6500 with Fiery IC-408 embedded Print Controller

Custom Search

drodas78
03-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi.

I have a C6500 with IC-408 Fiery embedded print controller. About 6 months ago the "controller" button suddenly disappear from the control panel in the machine. I have turned it off and on and the controller appear again but it became more frequently in the latest days and today the "controller" button dissapear from the control panel and I do the same, turned off and on the fiery but the machine doesn't recognize the fiery.

Can you give some advice to fix this?

Thank you!

RRodgers
03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
The Hard drive of the Fiery might be going out or it's full. Do you know the IP of the Fiery? Can you ping it? Have you tried connecting to it with Command Workstation?

drodas78
03-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Hi. I tried to connect with Command WorkStation but It says server connection error. The status of the fiery start with FF then some numbers and then FF again and nothing more.

I Ping it and everything seems ok Packages sent = 4 receive = 4 Lost = 0. I enter in my web browser address: http://192.168.1.124/ and I can see the panel to edit the preferences of the fiery but it says: Please enable SNMP and the title of the page is "Error". I tried to enter into Admin Mode to see if I can do something. I enter the password: "Fiery.1" but it says it is incorrect.

How can I delete the files in the HDD of the fiery? Can I connect it as slave in a PC to erase the files? If the HDD has gone can I buy some HDD and make the fiery works?

Regards.

RRodgers
03-16-2010, 02:31 AM
I can't remember if server clear deletes the jobs or all the settings for the fiery.

drodas78
03-16-2010, 02:39 AM
I can't remember if server clear deletes the jobs or all the settings for the fiery.

What do you mean? Can I run a command to instruct the fiery to clear all the jobs?

TheOwl
03-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Server Clear (from the setup menu or Command Workstation) clears all job data from the Fiery without touching any of the Fiery settings.

By the sounds of it, you might have an HDD that has slowly failed. Chances are that you will need to replace the HDD in the Fiery and then reload the system software. If you have another IC-408 available to you, then I would suggest cloning the HDD out of the good one, then replacing the HDD in the bad controller and using the image from the good controller on the new HDD.

This is much quicker than manually laoding the system software onto the Fiery.

I would recommend using something such as Acronis or Ghost to create you image from the working HDD. Acronis is easier to use than Ghost, so I would go for that if you don't have any experience cloning HDD's.

Hope this helps.

drodas78
03-16-2010, 06:27 AM
Thank you for your answer! Unfortunatly I don't have another Fiery IC408 in my whole country. I'm from Guatemala. I'm wondering if you can help me further more.

I can use Acronis but I need the image files. Can you upload it to a torrent or can you send me copy of the image files in DVD trough DHL? I would pay for your job and for the transportation cost. I really need your help. And I will appreciate it very much.

Or I would appreciate if you can give me directions to upload the system software onto the fiery manually in a new HDD.

Warmest regards.

Si@danwood
03-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Try just reloading the system software,this is on a disk that will have been supplied with Fiery.It takes about an hour and 3/4 and will be the fastest way of getting the machine working,whilst you decide wether to go down the route of sourcing an alternate HDD!

TheOwl
03-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately, my image for the controller is 29GB, so uploading it is out of the question and I don't have the system software disks as I use my image.

I am sure that there would be someone with in these forums that would supply you with a copy of the system software DVD and the instructions for the restore can be found in the service manual for the IC-408.

drodas78
03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Try just reloading the system software,this is on a disk that will have been supplied with Fiery.It takes about an hour and 3/4 and will be the fastest way of getting the machine working,whilst you decide wether to go down the route of sourcing an alternate HDD!

Can you give me the instructions to reload the system software?

Thank you!

Si@danwood
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Sent you a pm as soon as i hear back the info is yours

stathistec
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
hello
this is the service manual for ic 408
you will found the way to re- install the software

drodas78
03-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi thank you to all who helped me out!

The machine is working again. But I tried to calibrate the fiery wit color cal and the scanner calibration goes ok but the color calibration give me the following error:

Calibration Error
0x00000024
Measurement page is not detected

I tried also to make an auto gray from the color editor but I got Measurement page is not detected (36) error again.

Any ideas to calibrate the machine? Do you think that is good idea to replace the HDD of the fiery?

RRodgers
03-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Hi thank you to all who helped me out!

The machine is working again. But I tried to calibrate the fiery wit color cal and the scanner calibration goes ok but the color calibration give me the following error:

Calibration Error
0x00000024
Measurement page is not detected

I tried also to make an auto gray from the color editor but I got Measurement page is not detected (36) error again.

Any ideas to calibrate the machine? Do you think that is good idea to replace the HDD of the fiery?

Make sure the optics are CLEAN!! I've had this once and turned out to be dirty optics.

stathistec
03-17-2010, 07:23 AM
you must calibrate the machine with es-1000

drodas78
03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
you must calibrate the machine with es-1000

I don't have ES-1000 here but since I'm going to buy another C6500 I want to invest in it. I think is a good investment. Can you advice an on-line store to buy it? Do I need to buy the UV Filter or the Non-UV Filter?

stathistec
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
no i don't know any on line that you can buy an ES-1000. look at the EFI web site. About Non-UV and UV filter. if you print at too white paper (like mondi) you must have uv filter if you don't buy the other one. my opinion is that the uv filter is better

Mr Spock
03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
If you are calibrating the fiery via the copy glass then you need the kodak calibration strip (gray scale). with out it you will get this error.

TheOwl
03-18-2010, 01:28 AM
When you buy another C6500, if you buys it from a dealer, then you should get a ES-1000 thrown in with the machine.

RRodgers
03-18-2010, 02:49 AM
When you buy another C6500, if you buys it from a dealer, then you should get a ES-1000 thrown in with the machine.

Yeah, make the salesman throw one in to sweeten the deal. Or Ebay maybe. I dunno if EFI will sell them directly too ya. if you do go the Ebay route, be sure to GET THE SOFTWARE with it.

drodas78
03-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Make sure the optics are CLEAN!! I've had this once and turned out to be dirty optics.

You were right! It was dirty optics. The machine is calibrated now. Tnx.

drodas78
04-21-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi. After all I'm having some random errors with the fiery. For example sometime the controller button dissapears from the touch panel on the machine. And I need to restart the fiery to be able to work again. So I want to change the HDD for a new one. I want to know if I can buy a SATA HDD of any capacity and change the HDD on the fiery or if I need to buy an HDD with special specs. Also I want to know where can I obtain a copy of the V2 Fiery Software DVD.

Regards.

TheOwl
04-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Any size drive should do. If you have an image of the system software, that can sometimes bring the total size of your HDD down (because it will use only the partitioned space that was available), but installing the system software as per normal shouldn't have any issues.

ni311
04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
First, you should have the original DVD in the box with the Fiery. Also, you should have the Kodak grey and color scale in the same box.
Second, ES-1000 it is not a must, you can calibrate your Fiery with the X-Rite DTP32 or with the scanner. The only machine where you must have ES1000 is C65HC.

drodas78
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I have the original DVD but it is version 1 software. I want to know if there's big difference between V1 and V2 of the fiery software and where can I obtain the V2 if the update is worth of it. Thanks.

DUKEY
06-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Hey mr rodas! how are ya? still working on your 6500? you haven't asked for help in a long time! you forget about me?

drodas78
06-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi Dukey! Everything is doing well. I only have minor issues if you can help me with the V2 DVD software for the fiery IC-408 I will appreciate it. Also right now I only found Windows 7 PCL driver for fiery IC-408 do you know if there's a PS driver for Windows 7?

Regards.

DUKEY
06-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Mr D. the post script driver is only available for Windows Vista at the moment! in time maybe ps driver will come! I suggest if you need the ps i would forma hardrive and install vista if you have it! if not ur stuck with the pcl driver! as far as the software i think you need to bring the firmware to ver 15 before using v2 dvd! but i will look into it for ya!

sbillis
06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
First, you should have the original DVD in the box with the Fiery. Also, you should have the Kodak grey and color scale in the same box.
Second, ES-1000 it is not a must, you can calibrate your Fiery with the X-Rite DTP32 or with the scanner. The only machine where you must have ES1000 is C65HC.

So, if 65hc was not a Printer and had scanner on it and you had also Kodak gray and color scale for 65hc you want need es-1000 or any other spectrometer, right :confused:
What about C650xP wich are without scanner?

ES-1000 or any other spectrophotometer I believe is a must for those who color and consistent color output is a must. ES-1000 maybe not a must for those who make small volume print runs.

I believe that calibration procedure must be a daily procedure and to be repeated during a day before taking large print runs, this is for who want to call them self professionals.

Onetouch
03-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Hi There,
I also have C500 with S300 Fiery I can print the "Colorcal Measurement Page" and when I replaced measurement page with "Kodak Gray Scale" on platen glass as I used to do before and I tried to calibrate it says "Measurement Page is not Detected" I cleaned the optic still no luck. By the way The fiery calibrate with another C500 and it's not the cable either. And as you mentioned above about USER AUTHENTICATION or COPY TRACK on the machine. I'm not sure what you mean exactly by those can you please give me more information or explain me how to do these steps. I would greatly appreciated any help as I'm totally dependent your given information now,
Thanks in advance.

Oz

RRodgers
03-07-2013, 05:42 AM

If you want a good calibration of the fiery you are going to need something besides just the scanner of copier.

Custom Search