PDA

View Full Version : c253 "Have the image transfer belt replaced soon"

Custom Search

tickle
03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Hello I' m new in the forum and I'd like some help please.
I am getting this message on the screen of my Develop (Konica-Minolta) ineo+ 253:
"Have the image transfer belt replaced soon". Is there any chance I can fix this just
by replacing the fusion as described in other (c350, c353 etc) posts? If so what is the
procedure and how do I find the fusion?

bizhub1
03-17-2010, 03:34 AM
yes the fuse can be replaced, when you pull the trans belt out I believe the fuse is located on the left side, or front side. You have to remove the metal handle you use to pull out the trans. belt. Then their is a spring and a small plastic cover you remove.It is just a glass fuse inside. Hope these are the right directions, only had one apart one time.

tickle
03-17-2010, 09:28 AM
yes the fuse can be replaced, when you pull the trans belt out I believe the fuse is located on the left side, or front side. You have to remove the metal handle you use to pull out the trans. belt. Then their is a spring and a small plastic cover you remove.It is just a glass fuse inside. Hope these are the right directions, only had one apart one time.

It seems I am not able to find the spring and the plastic cover. I attached some pics in case anyone has a clue on this. Please reply...

Light
03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
The unit you have photographed, is the fusing unit.
The transfer belt unit is right under the fusing unit.
To pull it out, you need to remove to screws, one in each side.

bizhub1
03-17-2010, 01:17 PM
You have the wrong unit out, that is the fuser Ass'y, their is i fuse in that also, but the transfer belt is just under that.

tickle
03-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Thank you all for your remarks. Indeed I had the wrong unit removed. I followed your instructions and removed the "correct" ;) transfer belt this time. I replaced the fuse, mounted the transfer belt unit but after initial start I got a C-2451 message. Apparently there was something wrong either with the fuse (perhaps wrong fuse - used a 800 mA 250 V fuse, due to the 0.8 A original fuse wich I replaced - I suppose I had to use a 80 mA fuse) or the mounting (tranfer belt contacts may not be touching the machine contacts). Reading other posts related to C-2451 error messages I removed the belt again, used a small flat bladed screwdriver to bend out a little the transfer belt contacts, so they make proper contact with the machine, but I FORGOT :confused: TO PLACE THE SMALL BLACK PLASTIC COVER WITH THE METAL CIRCUIT AND THE FUSE TO ITS PLACE. I don't know how I magaged this, perhaps I got distructed by a phone call at the moment and totally forgot to place it.

Now let's get to the point!!!

The fact is that althought nor the black plastic cover with the metal circuit or the fuse were installed in the transfer belt, the C-2451 error message never appeared again. It was replaced by the Image transfer belt replacement message, but the copier is working fine. I checked it and it is printing just like perfect. I would like your opinion on this matter. How can this be happening? Is there a chance this may cause damage to the machine? Please reply

Light
03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
"It was replaced by the Image transfer belt replacement message"

I dont think the fuse is blown.
You should try a 62mA fuse.

Custom Search