PDA

View Full Version : C3451 on a KMC450 Will not reset

Custom Search

Solotime
03-17-2010, 02:04 AM
OK so I goofed and brought a machine from the warehouse to work on. It was cold so when I turned it on it coded out with a C3451. The machine ran fine the other day so I think it is fine. Trouble is I can not access the service mode or reset procedure due to the fact that the touch screen stops responding once the code appears. I can enter tthe utility screen but it will not respond to selecting "details" so I can enter the stop 00 stop 01. Likewise when I hold the utility/counter key while turning on the power I get to the trouble reset indication but touching the box does nothing.
Any help with resetting this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

copytechman
03-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Does Stop 0 0 Stop 0 1 work when you get to the trouble reset screen (you dont need to actually hit the button to get to service mode IIRC) Otherwise if the touch screen isnt responsive it may need recalibration 1st.... not sure if the accessibility button will work when a trouble code is displayed tho... in service mode > system1 > initialization > system error clear to reset to code if the button for trouble reset doesnt work... Otherwise you may need to beg/borrow or replace/repair the touch screen 1st before being able to reset it...

Regards.
A.

Solotime
03-17-2010, 02:39 AM
The touch screen worked fine the other day. I can eneter stop 00 stop 01 at the trouble reset screen but after the tech rep screen comes on it disappears after a second or so and goes back to the copier screen with the c3451 code. I get no opportunity to work with the service mode screen.

copytechman
03-17-2010, 02:58 AM
When you press trouble reset does it say - ok -?.. Otherwise thats odd behavior, usually once your in service mode via trouble reset it won't exit of it's own accord .. even if an error code was displayed... I've reset error codes via service mode with system error clear just to have the machine attempt to fire up but then code out again and that'll reinvoke the code screen (not as familiar with the c450 so maybe it's a little different). Well thats about the best I can do for you, at least without being there. Maybe someone else with a bit more experience that me can chime in! Best of luck..
Regards!
A.

suso73os
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Hello, sorry for my bad english If I remember well you can rest it if you switch off then push and hold utility key and switch on the machine and don´t release the utility key until you can see a black dot on the left side of th e panel, then you can push the trouble reset when you see it on the panel and swich the power off and on, if the problem persist you may change the fusing unit, good luck.

Solotime
03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
It must be a touch screen problem since I can not select detail under the counter screen and also the "trouble reset" box does not work either when using the other method. Basically anything I try to do that requires the touch screen does not work. Funny still is the fact that if I do the hold down utilility key while powering on thing I do get the trouble reset but then if I hit stop 00 stop 01 it gets me to the service mode for like a second then back to the main copier screen with the code. I do not have a spare C450 to take a touch screen from. I do however have a C350 and C250 parts machine. Any change the touch screen parts are the same?
Thanks again

copytechman
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Tough call, you'd have to physically and visually compare them and even then I'd be super cautious about doing that..
Regards!
A.

mrwho
03-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I *think* they are the same, at least the C250 - I vaguely remember swapping the touch panels between a C250 and a C351 (which is the 35ppm version of the C450). I'm not 100% sure, so take some care, but it should work.

suso73os
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
c350 and c450 are the same machines, I work with develop machines and its namer are ineo 450+ and ineo 350+ and are the same, the c250 I´m not sure if it have the same panel but you can look and compare both.

RRodgers
03-18-2010, 02:54 AM
c350 and c450 are the same machines, I work with develop machines and its namer are ineo 450+ and ineo 350+ and are the same, the c250 I´m not sure if it have the same panel but you can look and compare both.
C351 and C450 are the same box. The C350 is in a league all it's own.

copytechman
03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Confirmed: The c250's touch panel & lcd panel is the same part # as the c450 per my parts cats.

A.

Solotime
03-18-2010, 01:25 PM
That's what I needed to know.
Thank You Sir!

Custom Search