PDA

View Full Version : Help! Magenta covering the whole page-C6500

Custom Search

xpedx102
03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
A sample has been attached.

Ok. I have a C6500 with Creo 2.0
I ran a ton of jobs yesterday so I figured something would happen. The whole page is being covered with magenta. I guess it is either toner or developer.

Leading up to this problem, with the machine did it automatic adjust and color adjustment- reds were not printing correctly, I would have to jack up the magenta on the CREO RIP to print reds properly. Well this worked for awhile and now the whole page is covered with magenta. I tried running grayscale- but problem still happens.

I have a new updated color reg. unit- installed 3 months ago- so don't think that is the problem.
Machine has 457k prints

This is what I have tried.

PM 100k and 200K done at 430k
I swamped drums and chargers already- did not work.
Wiped down outside of color reg unit.
developer changed at around 280k

ANY help would be great and I will be indebted to you! We got slammed with jobs this week.

Herrmann
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
PM 100k and 200K done at 430k

There is one thing you must obey: do the pm at prescribed scedules.
you can try to calibrate the mashine with an ES1000 after doing the auto gamma adjustment:

・ [Adjustment] => [03 Execute Adjust Operation] => [Automatic Gamma Adj.]

and the gamma offset adjustment:

Utility/Counter => [03 Machine Admin. Setting] => [01System Setting] => [05 Expert Adjustment] => [05 Expert Adjustment] => => [07 Quality Adjustment] => [01 Printer Gamma Offset Adj.]

as a short workaround, but it will not last long.

give it a try

mrwho
03-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I tried running grayscale- but problem still happens.

You mean the problem still happens when you print in grayscale (being "grayscale" using only black toner)? That would be odd indeed.

The best way to know if it is a machine problem or a controller problem would be to take a couple of copies off the platen glass - does the problem still occur?

Has the magenta color a gritty feeling (like sandpaper)?

If I had to bet my money (which isn't much, I'll admit!), I'd go for the magenta potential sensor. Check it - you could try to exchange it with another color - but IMPORTANT: The small circuit board belongs to each sensor, so when exchanging/swapping the sensor, keep each circuit board with it's corresponding sensor (the best bet is to never disconnect it).

Keep us posted.

xpedx102
03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks guys. I will try this evening and let you know. I am going to try to swamp the developer unit with another machine to see if that rids the problem. I agree, very odd that it does this even with Grayscale printing. The paper does not feel gritty. I will also try rebooting the RIP (you never know). I'll let you know later.

xpedx102
03-20-2010, 06:06 AM
Ok. So I took the transfer belt from my other machine and that seemed to make it 70% better. Then I wiped down the color reg. unit and adjusted the AC Bias and I adjusted the toner margin coverage under "fine process adjustment" and the problem was fixed.
Any thoughts why the transfer belt would have caused a significant change?

ESA
05-31-2010, 03:46 AM
I'd look at the charger and reseat it or swap it out. What about the sensor behind the charger? Is it clean or does it have some toner on it. Get an air can and clear it out.

Custom Search