PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta bizhub c450 fuser roller

Custom Search

chriscctx
03-19-2010, 04:40 AM
I have a konica minolta bizhub c450. The fuser life is only about 25 percent used but one of the fuser rollers is falling apart (the rubber is peeling off). Is it possible to buy the fuser rollers without buying a whole new fuser unit. If so any ideas where to look for one (company or website)?

Thanks

fuckthesystem
03-19-2010, 11:46 AM
No! You have to order a new fuser unit.
But, i can advice you to change the paper type you are using because, with 25% of usage that is not a very normal.

RRodgers
03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Looks at the fuser, does it look OLD?!?! It might have been "fused" to extend the life. If not, yeah... what kinda paper you running threw it?

chriscctx
03-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I just bought it as a used refurbished model. I checked the consumables after setting it up and it was showing a used life of 25%. Started running a job that lasted 2250 sheets of 20#, 11" paper and I saw it started shooting out bits of the roller until a few hundred sheets later it jammed up - that when I saw how bad it was peeling.

Side note: I can't get the tcp/ip selection to show up in the network settings so I can see what my IP address is.

mrwho
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Yep, if you bought it second-hand, the fuser is probably on it's second or third life cycle. You need a new one alright. The good news is, when you're using your new fusing unit and it reaches the end of life, you can just reset it and make it do another turn.

chriscctx
03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
True - hadn't thought about that.

Anyone know why I can't get into the tcp/ip setting?

mrwho
03-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Two possibilities:

a) You've got a pending job on the machine. If that's the case, when you press "Utility", there's only the option of checking consumables;

b) You've just turned on the machine and the network card is still booting. Give it a couple of minutes and try again.

chriscctx
03-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I can get all the way into the network settings section. Just no option in there for tcp/ip setting. Machine has been on for hours.

Custom Search