PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning blade on CF 3102 Black Unit

Custom Search

Astermarc
03-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Can someone explain me how to clean the cleaning blade from a CF 3102 Black Unit??For several days I run the copy and I can't work with the device because of quality. Should I buy a new unit, but are currently embarrassed about the money, so it should slide out and clean the cleaning blade (:confused:). Can someone guide me?

mrwho
03-21-2010, 01:34 PM
The Imaging Units on those machines are self-contained. Which means that, when they need maintenance, you just swap it with a new one.

Of course, if you need to buy one anyway, there's no harm in trying to open it and clean the blade - but the odds are that you're not going to be very successful.

So, try to dismantle and clean it. But be ready to shell out the money for a new one, because you'll probably need to anyway.

TheOwl
03-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I agree with mrwho, the units are sealed. I have once tried opening one up to fic the same sort of issue, but it started to prove too difficult.

Astermarc
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Thx a lot. I thing a have to buy one, even a second.

captain1976
03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
The Imaging Units on those machines are self-contained. Which means that, when they need maintenance, you just swap it with a new one.

Of course, if you need to buy one anyway, there's no harm in trying to open it and clean the blade - but the odds are that you're not going to be very successful.

So, try to dismantle and clean it. But be ready to shell out the money for a new one, because you'll probably need to anyway.

Amazed that nobody sells the parts for these. I do remember taking one of those units apart some time back and made my own cleaning blade (pain in the ass). With so many out there you would think someone would have come up with a rebuild kit.

Custom Search