PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C250 Scan > FTP (folder cannot be found)

Custom Search

immortalvegan
03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
When trying to scan to FTP I get the message...
Job has been done improperly, check the log

log says...
deleted due to error...
folder cannot be found.

Is this "folder" referring to the "file path" in my FTP address book or One Touch set-up?
**attached screen capture

Should it match the "root folder" in the FTP utility settings on my PC?

I have tried every option I can think of.

Thanks,
Chris

mrwho
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Try to put "/" or "." (minus the quotes) on the file path.

cobiray
03-23-2010, 10:51 PM
If that doesn't work, just try /shared folder as it would appear in the directory. You do have the folder shared, right?

immortalvegan
03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
YES That worked!

mrwho
03-24-2010, 09:23 AM
What worked?

RShea
03-31-2010, 06:06 PM
I too have the same error and wondering what exactly worked. I have tried multiple suggestions made and doing something "wrong" still. / or \ in front of the share name, the full path, . in front of the share, creating a new folder on the PC with the folder name of Scans and a share name that is the same.

mrwho
03-31-2010, 07:04 PM
I too have the same error and wondering what exactly worked. I have tried multiple suggestions made and doing something "wrong" still. / or \ in front of the share name, the full path, . in front of the share, creating a new folder on the PC with the folder name of Scans and a share name that is the same.

But are you talking about Scan-to-FTP or Scan-to-SMB? Although they may seem the same, they are in fact completely different.

RShea
03-31-2010, 07:45 PM
But are you talking about Scan-to-FTP or Scan-to-SMB? Although they may seem the same, they are in fact completely different.

Either, I have done 1 button with the FTP and using the FTP Utility on the unit and an SMB Scan. The unit had an SMB setup from the previous owner that I modified and set up similar with settings following the Braden Business Systems document at this link:

Quick Guides (http://bradenonline.com/index.php?id=26) (Quick Guides for both SMB Scanning and the FTP in their list)
as well as a second link with a guide on the web for Windows XP I also found via Google).

immortalvegan
03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
just a plain '/' registered on the machine, sends the scans into the folder specified in the FTP utility settings on the PC.

RShea
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you for the clarification- both my buttons are working SMB and FTP as soon as I used only the "/" as the FTP Utility has the path etc. to the actual location on the computer.

Custom Search