PDA

View Full Version : C250 FTP Scan Setup

Custom Search

gjbrady2
03-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I am a newbee and need some help. I need to know how to setup the C250 to scan to a folder on a windows 7 laptop. Can anyone tell me how to setup the FTP ?

Powers41
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
I would use scan to SMB is their a reason you are trying to set up FTP?

gjbrady2
03-25-2010, 04:03 PM
The only reason why I want FTP is because that is the way it was first put on my computer. When it crashed I lost all settings. I have tried setting up the scan to email but that just wont work for some reason. I was told it was because of the 2wire router I have. If anyone can give me setup instructions I would appreciate it greatly.

JSC
03-25-2010, 07:14 PM
FTP

1) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into
the address bar and press Go
2) Click on the ‘Scan’ tab at the top of the screen
3) Click on ‘New Registration’ and then choose ‘FTP’ from the list
4) Enter a ‘Name’ for your one touch button. (This is the name of the button that
will appear on the machine).
* Specify the ‘Index’ under which your one touch button is to appear on
the machine
* Enter the IP address or Host Name of the PC running the FTP service
* If in PageScope Cabinet/IIS you have set the FTP Root Folder to the
actual folder on the PC where you wish the scans to be placed (“PC Root
Folder”), the ‘File Path’ on the machine only needs to have a / (forward
slash) typed into the box. The / means “root folder”. If however you
wants the scans to be placed in a folder which is inside the “PC Root
Folder”, lets say called Hotline you would need to put /Hotline
* Enter a user name or password that is either configured within
PageScope Cabinet, or if you are using IIS, that of a user on the PC
click apply and ok.

Im assuming you have already created a shared folder with full share rights.

JSC
03-25-2010, 07:20 PM
SCAN TO SMB

1) Create and configure shared folder on your C drive
2) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into
3) Click on the SCAN tab at the top
4) Click on New Registration and choose SMB
5) Enter in the Name of the button to appear on the machine and select the
Index in which it is to appear under.
6) Type in the IP Address of the computer as the ‘Host Address’. You can also
use the Computer Name found under the Properties of My Computer by putting a
tick in the box ‘Please check to enter host name’. This must be typed in using
upper case.
7) Type in the SHARE NAME of the folder you created in step 1

8) Type in the User Name and Password you uses when you log into
your computer first thing in the morning. If this does not work, a new user must
be set up on the PC just for SMB scanning.
9) Click Apply and then OK

fishleg
03-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I've heard this one before how can you create a new user for smb on a normal work group computer with out mucking everything else up. i.e. say its just a normal computer 1 user account how would you create another user account for the copier that is hidden can you create a network account in windows and if so where ?

Seems stupid never mind risky to create a fully bloated user account just to let the copier scan via smb can you tell windows to accept more user names and passwords without creating fully loaded user account ?

gjbrady2
03-26-2010, 04:06 AM
JSC,

Thank you for all of your help. I have not set anything up yet in regards to folders, how do I go about putting a folder on my desk top for my files to scan to using the FTP? I have never done this before so thanks for all the great details.

JSC
03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
JSC,

Thank you for all of your help. I have not set anything up yet in regards to folders, how do I go about putting a folder on my desk top for my files to scan to using the FTP? I have never done this before so thanks for all the great details.

Just add a new folder on the root of your c drive, thats to say not in any sub folders then name it lets say "scans" then you need to share it with full permissions so its permission level is "Contributor" ( just right click on the folder click on share and change the permission level) then follow the instructions above for FTP or SMB.

Good luck

TheOwl
03-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Here is a docco that I did up years ago for the guys I work with. This will show you how to setup IIS and get the FTP side of things going. Using IIS, you don't have to create additional usernames and passwords as IIS has the builtin 'anonymous' account that you can use.

When using FTP, you don't have to share the root / home folder out unless there are other people on your network that you want to be able to access the scans.

Other than that, I would still recommend SMB as the data transfer speeds are faster and you don't have to install further software. Most people that still use FTP have either a special need for it, or don't want to learn how to use SMB correctly. SMB is definately the way to go.

JSC
03-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Nice doc TheOwl i'll be giving that to some of my guys that strugle with IIS..... Thanks for sharing!

gjbrady2
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I am running Windows 7 so the new layout is different than the one that you posted.

Here is a docco that I did up years ago for the guys I work with. This will show you how to setup IIS and get the FTP side of things going. Using IIS, you don't have to create additional usernames and passwords as IIS has the builtin 'anonymous' account that you can use.

When using FTP, you don't have to share the root / home folder out unless there are other people on your network that you want to be able to access the scans.

Other than that, I would still recommend SMB as the data transfer speeds are faster and you don't have to install further software. Most people that still use FTP have either a special need for it, or don't want to learn how to use SMB correctly. SMB is definately the way to go.

gjbrady2
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I did this setup and the printed is telling me its a log in error.

SCAN TO SMB

2) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into
upper case.

your computer first thing in the morning. If this does not work, a new user must

connecticcut
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
thanks for informations.i call always a network man for the scan...Now i try to install the scan

thanks so much

gjbrady2
04-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I have tried this and I keep getting a error message.

SCAN TO SMB

upper case.

TheOwl
04-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry, but I did this docco before Windows 7 and Vista were released. Otherwise the basics are still there to get IIS running and configured. As for the SMB scanning issues, you might need to check the permissions of the shared folder. Do you know if you are on a domain or just a workgroup?

I am running Windows 7 so the new layout is different than the one that you posted.

Mr Spock
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
with Win 7 check the firewall. Norton blocks it by default. Also you can not use the currently logged in user account or it fails. The machine and the win 7 machine have to be on the same workgroup or it can fail. I have only set up scan to smb on win7 by using the ip address (make sure it is static) and configuring a new user with password, and configuring the file with full read/write permissions for the shared folder.

c_stoean
11-09-2010, 12:55 PM
thanks all of you who replyed.

mirsofy
06-09-2012, 10:16 PM

thanks

Custom Search