PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c 5500 SC- 45-20

Custom Search

atechman
03-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Hello.
All I did was to change the yello dev/starter and clean and detail cavity. Reassembled and had the copier start it's warmup saw the fuser light up then SC-45-20 pops up. It id also sold under the IKON CPP500. Any insight would be appreciated.
Best regards.
Ciscokid.:confused::cool:

JustManuals
03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

xpedx102
03-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Try wiping down the color registration assy located inside the machine towards the left with a dry lint free cloth. Sometimes toner gets collected on the sensors and calls the error. You may need to get a new color registration assy. Do you have a surge protector installed? Is the copier on a dedicated line? If not, you may have received a voltage shock and blew out the color registration assy.

kmcopier
03-28-2010, 11:25 AM
check if the transferbelt is in the center>... check your output qualtiy a spec yellow because this is the color you touched.

anothertech
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Try this, Disable Color Registration Correction Control in the 25 mode, software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 1 (ON) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF). Then try to run copies, if you get copies out you can check them for quality, or you may get sc29 codes pointing to the problem color.

If that doesn't help, try calibrating the color cal sensors like this,

Perform the color correction calibration of the sensors PS8 and PS9 (p/n 4969-1729-01). To calibrate the sensors, perform the following:
a. Disable Color Registration Correction Control in the 25 mode, software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 1 (ON) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF).
b. Run [Auto Color Registration Adjustment] in the 36 mode.
c. Enable Color Registration Control (software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 0 (OFF) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF)).
d. Perform Auto Color Registration adjustment.

atechman
03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Hello fellow Tech,
I would like to thank you for all you time and info. Come Monday I will have an area to concentrate on. Once again, your and asset to the communtiy.
Regards, Ciscokid

atechman
03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Try wiping down the color registration assy located inside the machine towards the left with a dry lint free cloth. Sometimes toner gets collected on the sensors and calls the error. You may need to get a new color registration assy. Do you have a surge protector installed? Is the copier on a dedicated line? If not, you may have received a voltage shock and blew out the color registration assy.

I want to thank you first for your time. I used a brush and vacuumed the sensor. There is no line conditioner as there shold be and the Fiery unit went into a cridical error. I think it is posible that while using a clean 2 inch bristle brush and vacuuum cleaner i could have taken tha sensor out. I was positive not to make contact with the sensor while using the vacuum but you know static from rge brush to vac. could blow a sensative sensor.:cool:

atechman
03-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your time and info on tis issue. The transfer belt is centered but the yellow drum has a 1/4" wear mark down to the alluminum. I cannot get the machine to come to ready so i cannot check the yellow. Is it possible the drum is charge leaking to dv unit? as yellow is being transfered from wear mark to transfer belt.

xpedx102
03-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah, you should not use vacuums in those areas, sensors can easily blow from the static.

pudgi300
03-29-2010, 02:39 AM
There are little cleaning pads behind the reg sensors. Sometime they hang and make the shutter slow. Lift the shuter with your finger and make sure it is not binding. Had one like that on Friday. That vacuum on the sensor is bad. Hope its only the shutter.

Later Pudgi300

atechman
03-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Yeah, you should not use vacuums in those areas, sensors can easily blow from the static.

You are completly correct. Although I did not make direct contact with the sensor, I should have known static can arch. I wont pull a boner that that again. Thanks for all your help

atechman
03-29-2010, 06:25 AM
There are little cleaning pads behind the reg sensors. Sometime they hang and make the shutter slow. Lift the shuter with your finger and make sure it is not binding. Had one like that on Friday. That vacuum on the sensor is bad. Hope its only the shutter.Hello

Later Pudgi300
Pudgi, Thank nyou for the heads up on the pads. No Excuse for running a vac nearby a sensor but thought I was far enough away. I to hope it is the shutter and thank you very much for your TECH TIP!!!
Regards, Ciscokid

ESA
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Are you sure it's a sensor screwed? If you have a yellow band I would first reseat the drum and transfer belt. Look to see if cleaning blade is worn and there isn't too much used toner in the cleaning blade auger causing tension on the belt therefore the potential error code.

Cantechman
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I see that code almost everytime whe nI do a pm and its because the color registraiton sensors are dirty. Just reach your arm in and lift up the covers and clean both sensors. Then run the color registration adjustment in tech mode. Unless you have a sensor gone bad that should fix it.

Custom Search