PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 jamming

Custom Search

salmoz
03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Back again with the bizhub 350. after tearing apart the whole machine cleaning all the mechanical parts because of jamming and main motor error, the error desappeared but is still jamming. the counter says that is jamming at the vertical transport. Any idea how to solve this problem?

moonwalker3778
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
hi Salmoz,

If ur getting C 5102 (that is main motor error) along with paperjam between regi.roller and vertical section, the cause is pressure roller in the fusing unit got flattened in a perticular area.to know this remove fusing unit and turn fusing drive gear with ur hand, you ll feel free movement in good areas of PR and at flattend area u need to apply much more pressure to rotate.If it is so simply replace fusing unit.

JSMorrison
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey I had a myriad of Bizhub 350's and 250's doing the exact same thing, after pulling out my hair I finally figured it out. Remove the 2nd tray paper feed unit (which has the vertical transport roller assy in it). There is a double stage drive gear on the rear of the unit which appears to be one piece, but the small section gear has a metal sleeve inside it which slips inside a one-way bearing inside the larger gear. This gear assy is where the vertical transport unit gets its drive. If the one-way bearing and/or sleeve gets grease in it or rust it can slip in the slightest bit and cause a jitter in the drive which is just enough to throw off the timing and read a jam in the vertical transport section. Pull this gear assy apart but make sure you pay attention to the direction it rotates freely so you don't install it backwards or it won't drive the roller at all of course. Clean the inside of the bearing with alcohol as well as the sleeve....clean it really, really well, reinstall and test. I would also recommend changing the large clutch that provides the drive to that roller as well since you have the unit out. So far this has fixed all my machines with this problem. Hope this works

salmoz
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks a lot for both advices I'll try to apply the two and let you know

Custom Search