PDA

View Full Version : minolta bizhub 500

Custom Search

randy13
03-30-2010, 04:27 PM
bizhub 500 error code c2403 what's the fix?

kingarthur
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Are you using genuine konica minolta toner, we have had problems with other makes, due to the way they manufacture the end of the toner bottle, try a genuine KM toner & see if it works

salmoz
03-31-2010, 05:14 PM
the code is toner bottle abnormality try clean the two optical sensors by air compressed good luck this model is full of surprises

Cantechman
04-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I have fixed this error a few times now. There is a bulletin out on it. It was slow the first time but now I can clean the sensor from start to finish in 30 minutes or so.

Downunder
04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Your best plan of action is to remove sensor and glue sensor to the bracket it is attached to - unless you have fitted the complete mod. About 6 mods in all. Once this is done the fault will only come back due to client error - at least 90per cent of the time.

KEVIN900
04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I've done all the Mods for this copier myself; and have started to just tell my customers to place a fake service call ( jamming, etc. ) whenever the toner needs replacement. Much easier for me to install it correctly myself, than to deal with the toner bomb, and installing the toner correctly. It's no fix, but the Mods aren't a fix either.

Matt25112
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I have battled this one and now I just replace that toner rotation sensor as soon as the code comes (obviously making sure it was not a customer error and/or motor issue. This has happened on 3 machines to me now. The first machine I went through Konica Minolta's "steps to correct" and I had no luck returning several times in a few week period.After replacing the sensor I have not been back. The 2nd one which was a 421 so I know it rules out most of those modifications as being the real culprit. I tried removing those springs on the toner door, no luck so I went straight to the sensor, they haven't called back either. The third machine I didn't even bother doing anything else I just replaced the sensor and they haven't called back either. It takes 30-45 min to get at the sensor from the front to clean it so why not take another hour and just replace it because I think these sensors are just getting ruined by all the toner mist in this flawed toner system. Will some of these modifications help the toner mist probably but I do not believe they are the solution. Do not forget to look at the easy stuff first though customers can't seem to load these toners right (can't blame them).

Matt

KEVIN900
04-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I think I'll get a few of those sensors & try it out next time. Thanks Matt. Rep bump for you.

brent
04-07-2010, 05:06 AM
I have so many of these machines that I could not replace their toner for them. the real problem as described her is mostly the sensor. you guy's are right. I have had this happen several times all on different machines. although when I do them now I leave the 3 screws out of the back. so I do not ever have to take the main board out of the back. I can access the sensor by taking the machine apart from the front.. I also think the problem is caused by the mist of toner. that and by blowing the sensor out does seem to work. it would probably work all the time if we could really get the sensor clean. so get the right sensors and always on this code look at the sensor. the first time you take the machine apart to replace this sensor you will be pissed on how much you have to do. it will get easier. make sure you have plenty of time and a good work space..

good luck

pepper38_cnd
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I too have just been replacing the sensor, we did have one where the drive colar had the ribs worn off of it, thats the top half of the toner hopper. A replacement is not expensive I think it is like $3.50 and you will note 3999they have added a seal to the lower half of it. I asked Tech support why the seal did not go all the way around it, they didn't even know it had been added. Here is a pic

Matt25112
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Brent, Nice call on leaving those screws out ... never really thought of that, as this code most likely will return on the high volume machines. Yea taking this out the for the first time shouldn't be left for a friday afternoon.

Custom Search