PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 - Scan to Email

Custom Search

SCabiness
03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Hello.

We currently have a Bizhub C220 that is setup to scan to email. These are the steps we have to follow in order for it to work:

1. Select Fax/Scan
2. Click on the email address that you want to scan to email
3. Get error: From Address is not set, Unable to Transmit. Please specify the from address
4. Click on communication settings
5. click on Email settings
6. Click on from address
7. Click on administrator email address
8. Click ok
9. Scan

I have scoured alot but I cannot find where I can eliminate steps 3-8. The from address/administrator address is set in the settings. But I cannot find where you can specify to always use that email address and dont want to set it everytime you go to scan to email. The staff in the office want to be able to push the email address and scan, not have to do the extra steps.

Help please!

TheOwl
03-31-2010, 06:22 AM
This should fix it.

1. Press Scan / Fax
2. Press Utility
3. Press User Setting
4. Press Scan / Fax Setting
5. Press Default Setting (I think it says that or something similar)
6. Press Factory Default

Now try your scanning and see what happens. If this fixes the issue, then you still might want to set your own scanning defaults such as file type, resolution and so forth. If you want to do that, then follow the steps above except step 6. Instead of Factory Default, use current setting after making the settings on the machine.

Another thing to look at is to make sure that there is definately a machine address as well as an administrator address.

SCabiness
03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
That appears to have fixed the problem!

Thank you so much!!

Custom Search