PDA

View Full Version : C252 Colors Off and Pixilated

Custom Search

Dave10
03-30-2010, 11:13 PM
We have a machine that when printing to light blues are coming out a purple color with bad pixilation. Ive completely eliminated an individual picture doing it, driver doing it, or computer doing it. It is on anything printed to the machine that is a light blue or even a light grey. Weve tried all the IUs, transfer belt, transfer roller, and tried playing with all the different density and DMAX settings. This is a machine problem NOT a file or computer problem. Anyone else seen this before?

RRodgers
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Latest Firmware? Sometimes Konica will release a firmware to fix a color issue. You've done all the calibrations right?

Dave10
03-31-2010, 02:43 PM
yes latest firmware was done and all the calibrations have been done multiply times....

Albonline
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
that machine is a business color unit. output is not garunteed to be true. if exact color reproduction is critical install a firey and calibrate it with an es 1000.

B0265
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Could be a laser problem, try swapping the C and M laser unit for test.

Dave10
03-31-2010, 06:33 PM
that machine is a business color unit. output is not garunteed to be true. if exact color reproduction is critical install a firey and calibrate it with an es 1000.

the color reproduction isnt exactly critical they understand what they see on the computer isnt exaclty what will be printed but the color is just so far off when printing this light blue or grey. The thing that gets me is that theyve been running this same image and file for months and months just changing the text on the inside (its a church bulliten) without it ever being this far off. I even went online to grab a few pictures with the same color on it and those came out with the same problem.

emujo
03-31-2010, 06:54 PM
BAck up your settings through page scope, then perform an initialization. Grab the install instructions and start from scratch (like new setup). I have had success with this..you'll have to re-install HDD/fax/set marketing area etc..Emujo

Albonline
03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
light blue and grey have been problematic on konicas small color units starting with 7920. things that can contribute to this issue are aftermarket supplies,defictive print heads,
dirty mirrors or lens, discolored white sheet (under the platen),ccd failure.transfer roller.could lalso be image units but i see that you already replaced them.outside chance that the mfp is going south also.

Albonline
03-31-2010, 06:58 PM
If this just started doing this, then what was done to the unit just before it started haveing trouble?

Dave10
03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Nothing was done. They really only run the machine once a week or so, for bullitens. The week before, it was okay, then it just started. We have replaced all transfer parts, cleaned sensors, cleaned optics. We will try print heads. Thanks for the suggestion. Will keep you posted.

Dave10
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Replaced the high-voltage bias pwb. Bingo. Problem solved.

Custom Search