PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 ic-401 fiery HD died

Custom Search

ac3243
04-03-2010, 04:53 AM
Hello,
I've got an ic-401 with a dead hard drive and don't have the system disk to install a new HD.
The old HD is to far gone to clone and it's the only C350 with a fiery I service. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks.

RRodgers
04-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Dont' have a good Fiery that you can clone? That would be the easiest thing to do.

ac3243
04-04-2010, 07:39 AM
It looks like I will have to buy another fiery and clone the drive to fix this one. I guess I can sell the extra fiery afterwards.

RRodgers
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
It looks like I will have to buy another fiery and clone the drive to fix this one. I guess I can sell the extra fiery afterwards.

Yeah, unless ya got the IEEE software and a laptop (or PC_ with a parallel port you can drag too it, that is the easiest.

TheOwl
04-05-2010, 11:38 PM
You should be able to download the System Software for the Fiery and manually re-install it on to a new HDD if you don't have an image for it. There also should have been the System Software included on the disk that came with your Fiery.

Have a look through the service manual for the Fiery and it will tell you how to install the System Software from scratch.

ac3243
04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
That's not a very helpful reply. Since EFI is so free with download access and nobody is offering a contact at Konica-Minolta to apply for download access, it doesn't do much good to point out that you should be able to download what is needed to repair the fiery. All manufacturer's should offer access to firmware and any software needed to support the equiptment the SELL to businesses and then make it very hard for the customer to do anything without going back to the manufacturer for support. I've got customers that have had service contracts with the dealers they purchased from and thier copiers never got any software or firmware updates during the years they were under contract. I get called in after they are frustrated and don't want to pay anymore for poor (mostly dealer) service with nothing to show for the money. You would almost think the industry wants you to lease equiptment and beat the hell out of it instead of purchasing and taking care of it.

Albonline
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
check your pm

ac3243
04-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Replaced the HD. A 160Gb works and you get a bit over 120Gb reported as free space. A 120Gb yields about 98Gb free space. Both work and the fiery is back to normal.

mailderrick
04-13-2010, 09:37 AM
that was nice of you to help the guy with firmware..if i ever need any i hope i can find someone like you .and if i can ever help with anything let me know.

ahmlogitecno
10-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Replaced the HD. A 160Gb works and you get a bit over 120Gb reported as free space. A 120Gb yields about 98Gb free space. Both work and the fiery is back to normal.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, and I don't find the firmware, I try to make an image from faulty hard disk and copying to a new disk, but It doesn't work, data seems to be corrupted.

Could you help me? do you still have that file (disk image, installer, ...)?

Thanks in advance.

TheOwl
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, and I don't find the firmware, I try to make an image from faulty hard disk and copying to a new disk, but It doesn't work, data seems to be corrupted.

Could you help me? do you still have that file (disk image, installer, ...)?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know if you realised, but this thread is over two years old.

Synaux
10-05-2012, 03:32 AM

These threads never get old! :cool:

ahmlogitecno
10-08-2012, 06:27 AM

I realised, but my IC-401 stopped working last week, and the best (the only one) solution that I found online was this, and I don't found this firmware at fiery-efi and konica-minolta downloads pages.

Thanks again in advance.

Regards.

TheOwl
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
That's because it isn't readily available to end users and is also called System Software and not firmware.

Synaux
10-09-2012, 03:53 AM
I realised, but my IC-401 stopped working last week, and the best (the only one) solution that I found online was this, and I don't found this firmware at fiery-efi and konica-minolta downloads pages.

Thanks again in advance.

Regards.

1) What this is that; that this refers to, that might otherwise be that or this?

2) You need a service manual. Try
Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

3) Try posting a thread for FW in For Sale, Trade, or Wanted (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sale-trade-wanted/)
You might get some more activity?

4) If you have not installed firmware before on these machines there are several issues that you must take into account.
It might be better to cough up the cash to have someone install it for you....?

ahmlogitecno
10-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks for your answer.

farhanali79
01-06-2013, 05:17 AM
hello, I have a good fiery, I want to back up the entire harddisk for possible future use and benefit of others, how can I accomplish that?

ac3243
01-06-2013, 07:27 AM
hello, I have a good fiery, I want to back up the entire harddisk for possible future use and benefit of others, how can I accomplish that?

You can use ghost, Acronis true image, or whatever hard disk imaging program you like. The fiery is not picky but Acronis True image has a better track record with techs that admit to cloning fiery drives. It's best if you just get a spare drive and clone the working one so you have a working spare.

It's easy and you can google "hiren bootcd" and get a boot cd that can do it for you if you don't have the software already.

Custom Search