PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 500 code 2803

Custom Search

salmoz
04-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi
I now received and changed the tcr sensor after being stuck with a code c-2803. After changing the sensor machine made 1 copy and return to 2803. If I switch off makes one more copy and then c-2803, and so on.
I saw many people on this forum having this problem but nobody at the end of the thread says what solution had found. It would be useful to know.
Thanks

kon
04-04-2010, 02:50 AM
C-2803 (C2803)with poor copy quality/jamming.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1.The developer drive belt has fallen off, so the agitator drive gear does not turn.
Reinstall and adjust the tension of the drive belt for the agitator drive gear. If necessary, replace the Developing Drive Pulley-Lower 45t (p/n 50GA 1565 0).
2.TCR output abnormality.
Replace TCR sensor (p/n 26NA 8804 1).
3. TheHV supply unit has failed.
Replace the HV supply unit (p/n 50GA84010).
Note : Developer is also being pulled from the developing unit to the drum.
4. Pulling developer onto the drum andcopies or constant jamming at the registration rollers andconstant failing of the PRCB after it is replaced due toshorted
Toner Addition Solenoid (SD5).A longer screw wasinserted for solenoid which shorts the windings in the solenoid. Longer screw inserted when the C-2803
modification is installed or the assembly is removed.
Replace the PRCB (p/n 50GA-9020E), the toner solenoid (p/n 26NA82513) and install shorter screws.
Note : Please refer toattached documentation for solenoid location. To viewthe PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be
downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) .
5. Toner is not being added to the developing unit due to the toner supply motor (M4) not being turned on. The PRCB has failed.
Replace the PRCB (p/n 50GA-9020E).
6. Firmware update required if still using an earlier version. TCR adjustment should also be run.
Note : Usually occurs when C-2803 or C-2801 error message is indicated at the time of setup.
Please install the latest firmware which is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert
Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
To run the TCR adjustment:
1. Sub Power Switch OFF/ON.
2. Get into "Service Mode".
3. "Service Mode Screen" =>Press [Imaging Process Adjustment].
4. "Process screen" =>Press [TCR Adjustment].
5. "TCR Adjustment screen" =>Press the Start Key.

fixthecopier
04-04-2010, 01:42 PM
If the drum has a lot of copies on it, you may have to change the drum also.

salmoz
04-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Well I got some new thinghs after changing dev and drum the code desappeared but the copies are very pale it looks as if there is not toner added to the dev unit. The motor turn right and toner is hadded in the hopper but doesn`t reach the dev unit. Moreover the TCR adjustment fails givinig error 6 ( lower then 0,5 I think). We are really out of solutions.

DadO
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I had a problem whit this code on 700k copies.

Hopper was full whit toner but not the developer.(in my case, toner bottle would not turn)

Check to see is toner bottle spining! U have 2 motors on the hopper, one for bottle and other for rotating hopper gears to deliver the toner to the developer. One of those 2 don't run. I didn't have to change the PRCB but i did reinstal cables on PRCB and OACB board (be EXTREMELY CAREFUL, its very sensitive to the discharge from ur hand.I know this be coze i had blown icp on it in by my mistake :) )

U will also remove complete toner hopper assy and check everything. U have one way clutch whit solenoid. When solenoid is charged the clutch should turn be coz of a little spring. If this don't work, there will be no toner feed to the developer assy.!

salmoz
04-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Well Thanks. We checked everytinghs in the toner supply unit even changed two gears looking a little worn. The strange thing is that if I change developer makes the code returning. The machine is only accepting the First old developer but in this case the copies are pale and there is no toner reaching the tank. There is any way to test the PRCB?

DadO
04-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Re flash the machine whit latest firmware( 31, or if already up,re flash again whit same vers.). If u don't have it, i will supply it. Probably won't fix a thing but it's easy to try :rolleyes:. Could be an PRCB but let that be ur last thing. After flashing do an TCR whit new developer and new TCR sensor. >Do this before machine warms up!

salmoz
04-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks I m willing to follow the advise I don^t have the firmaware My mail is salvatorelanzetta@yahoo.it

pepper38_cnd
04-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Before you do any thing else try a couple things for me. First slide your Dev assy out of the machine and brush the dev off the center of the mag roller leaving a bald spot. Slide the dev assy back into the machine turn on the machine and let it cycle, after it cycles slide the dev assy back out and see if the bald spot has disappeared if it has we know the dev has got drive and is turning. If the bald spot is still there you have a dev drive problem. If that test ok then do this next. Remove the finisher if you have one, remove the exit tray cover if you have one, remove the write unit cover. You now can look directly at the add toner drive, go into tech mode and start and Auto Toner Add, you will hear the toner add motor pulsing each time it pulses the toner add gear should rotate about a third of a revolution. If you hear the motor but the gear does not move then your toner add auger is seized or the gear advance spring is riding on the collar of the gear and not advancing the gear. Reach in and help the gear turn with your fingers if it then starts to turn on its own you have manage to unseize it, if it only make a couple of revolutions and stops then slide the spring about 2mm to the right and test again.

fixthecopier
04-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I had to pull one out of the field last week for this. I could not get the adjustments to stick. My service manager found a bulletin that said that on the hopper, there is a solenoid that has short screws to hold it. If you put a standard screw in it will touch the frame and short out causing the bottle to rotate constantly throwing the values off. Then it blows the board so toner does not get added. When I put it together in the field and turn it on, the bottle would take off and over tone. The TCR should adjust to about 42. If it is too low there is too much toner, too high a value means not enough toner.

salmoz
04-18-2010, 08:37 AM
We are struggling with this code since two months. First I like to thanks all the friends for the support are giving me. Then I followed the two advices of pepper and saw that there are no drive problems. The gear turns a third of a revolution then stops I havent yet tryed to unseize it. The screw on the solenoid look to me normal not too long not too short but I will check more thoroughly.
I add That the code appear at the start up of the machine and the TCR adj gives error 6 constantly. Actually is beeen giving the same error even when the machine was perfectly working that mean since the first change of dev and drum.

pepper38_cnd
04-18-2010, 01:49 PM
If you are getting the error 6 almost instantly after starting the TCR adjustment, it is usually the sensor in the drum carriage is dirty or a High Voltage problem.

Custom Search