PDA

View Full Version : Help! 7075 with random light copies!

Custom Search

mrwho
04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Could someone please help me here?

I'm trying to find out what's causing a Konica 7075 to output light copies randomly (by "randomly", I mean that, when taking 5 copies, the order could be: good, good, light, good, light; and a light copy can mean "completely light" or just "partially light").

If this wasn't odd enough, the machine only does it when working with A4 paper - if you put the paper on the A4R position, the problem goes away.

I've ruled out everything I could think of: drum ground, charge and transfer corona's and their respective HV boards and door switches.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

SmellsHot
04-06-2010, 03:24 AM
does it do this when doing internal prints?

mrwho
04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Yep. And sorry for not posting more, since at the end of the day I think I figured it out, but I was so tired and sick of that machine I went straight home.

The problem probably was that someone had messed with the high voltages before, so they were completely out of target. I did restore the factory adjustments, and the problem almost (almost!) went away.

What does that mean? That most of the tests I did before (namely the transfer corona) need to be done again, since the first time the HV values were wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

Custom Search