PDA

View Full Version : di5510 finisher jams

Custom Search

exCSER
04-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi guys,
I've got a di5510 that runs fine single-sided with face down delivery, but when I ask for face-up delivery or 2-sided copies, the finisher never turns on and so the 1st sheet jams at the fin entrance. The finisher turns on immediately at start print when it runs face down, but never starts in the other modes!?! Does anyone have any experience with something like this?? Thanks in advance for your help!

Rudi
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Let the machine cause a jam again and check the sensor that was activated last, i cant remember wich one it was but if you remove the finishers top cover you can acces the sensor with ease , basically you have to rewire the sensors connector you will find that pulling the connector on its wiring the faulty wire will break off easilly , this was a factory fault from konica minolta.
Regards
Rudi

mo0651
04-09-2010, 04:02 PM
may be the foam turn over roller in the fusing unit. causes exit jams and duplex jams in faceup mode.

exCSER
04-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the input! I will check out both of those things when I return to the account. What keeps throwing me a curve is that the finisher doesn't turn on at all when it jams. In single sided face down delivery mode the fin motors start up immediately when I press the start button, and never starts in face up delivery or 2-sided.
I would think the sensor wiring problem would show itself in all modes, and the roller problem would result in the sheet not inverting properly or in time, but shouldn't the finisher be running up to speed by then? What do you guys think??

MR CLEAN OC
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
what jam code is being displayed in tech rep mode?

Darren King
04-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I would remove the finisher and see if the machine jams without the finisher attached. Be sure to unplug machine from wall before you remove finisher connectors
Hope this helps
Darren

KM GUY
04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I would try the ADU board next, located front left corner of the duplex unit. We have had the ADU board cause jamming when running duplex and face down.

Custom Search