PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 IP-432 Print Controller Scanning Problem

Custom Search

eurosears
04-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I recently got the IP-432 controller for my Konica 7145. It works fine, I can print from the PC, scan PDF's to the PC, etc. However, when I scan pages to memory (doing a whole book for example) the memory gets full after about 40-60 pages or sometimes even less and then I am unable to transfer these pages to the computer. The memory percent counter goes from 100% to 71% after first scan, then decreases 1% every 3-4 pages. Once I hit 63% (or there abouts) the memory gets full and the copier doesn't (or I can't send it) send any PDF's to the computer. I have to start over again. However, If I don't reach the maximum, and after about 20 copies I send the PDF to my computer I usually do not have any problem. Is this normal? Is there a fix to this or work around (e.g., setting up a automatic send once the memory is almost full).

Also, the controller doesn't have a hard drive installed. What is the purpose for having a hard drive in these boards. Could I, for example, scan PDF's to the hard drive first and then send the file to PC?
What type of hard drives can I plug into these controllers? Are they just the standard IDE type or something else?
Thank you.

Robert

pepper38_cnd
04-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Add the additional memory to the main body, the IP has nothing to do with scanning. The HDD will only increase the ability to scan to email large documents. If you have the HDD you can try scanning to box and then retrieving to PC. But I think your best to max out the main body memory.

The HDD I am reffering to is also in the main body. Again the IP has nothing to do with scaning you can scan fine without the IP installed.

eurosears
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Add the additional memory to the main body, the IP has nothing to do with scanning. The HDD will only increase the ability to scan to email large documents. If you have the HDD you can try scanning to box and then retrieving to PC. But I think your best to max out the main body memory.

The HDD I am reffering to is also in the main body. Again the IP has nothing to do with scaning you can scan fine without the IP installed.

What type of memory module do I need (model, type, etc.)?

Custom Search