PDA

View Full Version : Konica 8031 Consumables replaced, still showing "end of life"

Custom Search

sbarnette
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Our old 8031 went down for two consumable items:
Transfer Roller (Life Limit)
Paper Dust Remover/Ozone Filter (Life Limit)

Two other itmes were listed as Near Life Limit:
Imaging Transfer Belt Unit
Fuser unit

These are listed consumer replaceable parts, so I ordered them. We received in all of the parts except the Imaging transfer Belt Unit and promptly replaced the three items. The copier still shows the Transfer Roller and Paper Dust Remover/Ozone Filter as Life Limit. The Fuser Unit shows as Ready. The Imaging Transfer Belt Unit still shows as Near Life limit, it should arrive shortly.

How do I make the copier recognize that the Paper Dust Filter/Ozone Filter and the Transfer Roller have been replaced. Is there a reset switch or command?

How hard is the Imaging Transfer Belt Unit to replace?
Thanks,

Steve

JustManuals
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mascan42
04-08-2010, 12:47 AM
The paper dust remover & transfer roller have counters that must be manually reset. You can only access the counters through the service mode. The transfer belt is fairly delicate and isn't a customer replaceable item.

sbarnette
04-08-2010, 02:02 AM
So how do I get the machine into service mode?

Steve

sbarnette
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I found the sequence I needed to get into tech/service mode and reset the two counters. The machine is back up and running so life is good once again.

Steve

Paul
06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Steve,
What steps did you take to reset the ozone filter life limit indicator in service mode...how do you get into service mode?
Thanks

Our old 8031 went down for two consumable items:
Transfer Roller (Life Limit)
Paper Dust Remover/Ozone Filter (Life Limit)

Two other itmes were listed as Near Life Limit:
Imaging Transfer Belt Unit
Fuser unit

These are listed consumer replaceable parts, so I ordered them. We received in all of the parts except the Imaging transfer Belt Unit and promptly replaced the three items. The copier still shows the Transfer Roller and Paper Dust Remover/Ozone Filter as Life Limit. The Fuser Unit shows as Ready. The Imaging Transfer Belt Unit still shows as Near Life limit, it should arrive shortly.

How do I make the copier recognize that the Paper Dust Filter/Ozone Filter and the Transfer Roller have been replaced. Is there a reset switch or command?

How hard is the Imaging Transfer Belt Unit to replace?
Thanks,

Steve

sbarnette
06-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Paul:

There is a sequence of key presses. I have the list at work. I'll get it to you in the morning.

Steve

Custom Search