PDA

View Full Version : copycorner

Custom Search

copycorner
04-08-2010, 03:22 AM
I have a bizhub 1050e. After putting the photo conductor section back into the machine and turning it on during the warmup the error sc23-10 displays and points to the drum drive motor and printer control board. Trouble shooting I found that indeed the M2 drum drive motor does not spin up. Should I replace the motor and hope for the best or am I going to need a new prcb?

Si@danwood
04-08-2010, 06:28 AM
First thing i would check is that everything went back in correctly! When you pushed the process section back in was there much resistance?Is the drum nut located correctly? has the blade flipped back on its self? All problems i have experienced giving similar coding. Or have you tried running the drum motor with the process section out? Maybe you have a blown icp?I would check all of these as never heard of a motor failing on one of these...Si

copycorner
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Si,

Thanks for replying. I removed the drive motor assembly from the back of the machine and just holding the assembly by hand then turning the machine on the while it goes through the warm up phase the drive motor for the developer assembly rotates just fine but the drum drive motor never does rotate. I've never been trained on the Konica 1050 so I don't know what an ICP is but it does seem that something simple is more likely than not. I did take a look at the cleaner blade and it does look like that it may have flipped on itselt. I ordered a new motor just in case but it sounds like you are probably right as the parts guys say they have not sold any drum drive motors so probably not the real problem. Could you lead me through why the ISP and where is it and what is its function also why would it cause the drum drive motor to not turn on?

Si@danwood
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
ok an icp is like a surface mounted fuse used to protect more expensive/delicate component on a circuit pwb.Give me a few minutes i have an icp list somewhere. Although KM release this list for troubleshooting purposes only ,it is entirely upto yourself as to how you use the information ;-)

copycorner
04-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Great,

I assume ICP stands for intermediate curcuit protector or something like that? More info would be great. I looked at the wiring diagrams for the M2 drum drive motor and found all the connection pinouts, 24v line etc. but where in the diagrams will I find the ICPs? I'm still looking. Thanks for all your time.

Si@danwood
04-08-2010, 08:04 PM
you wont!!! From here on in it is a case of identifying which icp it may be locating the corresponding pwb then looking for it .They usually have an identifying mark next to them(icp24 ,icp25 etc,etc) are very small and black with two solder pins.

copycorner
04-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Well,
Looking @ the wiring diagram (OVERALL WIRING DIAGRAM 4.1 Main body) the Drum Drive Motor M2 goes to connection 228 on the printer control board. I don't see anything on the PRCB marked ICP The motor has an intermediate connect but as far as I can ascertain there is no other connection point between the motor and the printer control board. Is this correct?

copycorner
04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
OK,
Thanks for the ICP list. I was able to locate ICP12 and ICP13 on the printer control board. Also according to the wiring diagrams the 24v connector and the ground don't go directly to the Printer control board. There are 2-interlock switches but they also connect the M1,M2,M3 HV1, and PRCB and since the M2 motor is the only error code coming up I'll just figure that the ICP12 or ICP13 is the problem. Now in order to trouble shoot the problem with the existing motor do you normally plug the motor back in and jumper the ICP, turn the machine on and see if the motor spins up or can I check for continuity through the ICP?

copycorner
04-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Si@danwood,
I was able to check the continuity through ICP12 and ICP13. Each check out OK for continuity. The only other thing I can do is to check for the 24v to the motor connector from the Printer Control Board. Can you think of anything else I could do?

Copycorner

RRodgers
04-09-2010, 05:42 AM
I haven't read everything but have you check to make sure that they drum blade didn't flip?

Albonline
04-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I think that the motor has a fuse on the board green resistor looking thingy check that

copycorner
04-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, the blade did flip. Now the drum motor won't operate.
I ordered a new motor coming today but really don't think that's going to work.
I'm afraid the Printer control board is the problem. I hope I'm wrong but that's where I am now.
Suggestions on how to troubleshoot from here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

copycorner
04-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I just checked the motor board but I don't see anything resembling a fuse of curcuit breaker reset or anything. You'd think there would be something for just such an occasion would'nt you.

RRodgers
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Those IC fuses are very small and kinda look like a surface mount resistor. I should say IC next to it printed in silk screen though.

copycorner
04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
OK,
Back in order. The new motor fixed the problem however after reading the post from RRodgers I was able to locate the Fuse F1 on the motor circuit board and checked for continuity and it did fail. Good call. I really appreciate all the feedback from obviously a very experienced group of techs. My images are coming out blotchy in sections but I think I can figure that out, got to be charger wires I just replaced. Thanks again to everyone who responded.

CopyCorner

Custom Search