PDA

View Full Version : Brother fax on a print server

Custom Search

c_robertson
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I placed one of our brother 4800 faxes on a print server in hopes of faxing from our computers. (I've done this before, but not with a brother)

I am sucessful at printing to the faxmachine because the box allow you to select the inf file after installing, but the fax portion requires software installation, enabling the user to enter the fax number etc.

The brother installation software requires you to plug the fax directly into the computer for it to install. There is a network option, but it is grayed out.

Does anyone know a work around, or a version of their software that doesn't have the network installation grayed out?

I'm pretty sure that it is grayed out when you select the product as being a fax model. It appears to be a generic installer they use with all the drivers embedded.

Any help would be great.
I've tried connecting locally and then changing the driver to a IP port (print server ip address) with no luck.

Techtime
05-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Go to Brother's website and see if they have the driver:cool:

c_robertson
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
The brother website is the first thing I tired. They couldn't/wouldn't tell me why the network box was grayed out.

Custom Search