PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Dead

Custom Search

Dedotch
04-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a C6500 that does nothing upon start up. There are a few 24 volt fans running, but nothing else. Have a green light on monitor but no screen image. I have replaced the 208AC driver and both DC power supplies. We plugged in a RU-504 and a SD-501 and the machine went dead. Anyone ever had this. Thanks Scott

seniortech
04-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Did the engine work before you plugged in the RU504? If you have a new RU504(n) it has an extra 8 pin connector. It is possible to plug the six pin plug into this connector. If you do 24v will go down the 5v line and short out many of the control boards in the machine. May pay to check before doing anything else. On the later RU504 the 8 pin connector has been cable tied back into the harness to stop this happening, see below from tech bulletin.

'This 8-pin connector is for the new type option which will be released in future and not used before June 2009. In the installation manual, the caution not to use this connector is described. If a 6-pin connector of a downstream option is connected by mistake to the 8-pin connector of RU-504, all the PCBs of the main body and downstream options are short-circuited (24 V is set on a 5 V circuit with the result that various control boards get damaged) As a result of the damaged control boards, optional may not be recognized or do not function properly. If the short-circuit occurs, the replacement of the PCBs is necessary to correct the problem'

Dedotch
04-08-2010, 06:52 PM
That may just be what happened. We have an older RU-504 and the 6 pin is in the place where the 8 pin is on the new one. Do you know which boards are effected or how to tell which ones would be effected? Thanks

JSC
04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Im sorry to say but i think most boards with a 5v line on it will need to be replaced. :(

Si@danwood
04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Not good news i'm afraid :-{

seniortech
04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
JSC is spot on

I had the misfortune of sorting out a machine where a collegue had used the wrong connector, I had to replace all control boards of the connected devices including the main engine
and replace the control panel of the engine (ADU control pba, Scanner control pba)

Operation board/1 assy
System control board assy
Image processing board assy
Printer Control Unit
Conveyance drive board assy
Scanner drive board assy
Toner driving board assy

Sorry...

remati
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
....yes ,it will be very expensive....most of the boards , I´m afraid....-we know that problem...you must change ,one by one .... :(:(

Dedotch
09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
JSC on the Spot, thanks for the info. I have changed all except the last 2 boards. I can't seem to find them in my parts book.
Scanner Drive Board Assy.
Toner Driving Board Assy.
Will you please give me part #s and location. Or just the pages in the parts book. Thanks

Dedotch
09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Ok I have replaced all the boards in the list.

Operation board/1 assy
System control board assy
Image processing board assy
Printer Control Unit
Conveyance drive board assy
Scanner drive board assy
Toner driving board assy

I don't have a clue where these are.
main engine, the control panel of the engine (ADU control pba, Scanner control pba)
any help would be great. Thanks

Custom Search