PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 Scanner

Custom Search

Matt25112
04-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Have yet to see this problem. I have a Bizhub C450 that is producing images with many well organized lines going in the feed direction, regardless if it is scanned off adf or glass (no slit glass on this model anyways).

I have not done too much yet. I came back to the shop to eat lunch and look at solutions. Nothing on Konica Minolta's knowledge base unless I missed it.

I am heading back over in a few minutes to continue the call but feel free if anyone has any suggestions I am going to reconnect some boards and connectors and see what happens...

Matt25112
04-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Internal prints are fine, forgot to mention that...I have also put a stack of paper on top of original to verify lines from the white belt weren't getting through but like I said these lines are well organized not random.

fishleg
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Is it possible the lamp or mirrors are dirty ? If internal prints are fine thats where I would look possibly also clean the ccd sensor under the lens cover. Also I think theres a white strip on the back side of the glass make sure that is extra clean dont think that would give you the effect you describe but worth cleaning anyway.

Post some pictures be your best bet though. Hope that helps.
Fishy

deep
04-10-2010, 09:35 AM
If internal prints are good, I'll clean the optics and the IR unit to narrow down the problem.

copytechman
04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
By internal print are you referring to the machine's built in test prints or a print from an (external) computer? Can be 2 very different things!
Otherwise what everyone else has been saying about the optics! Does it reduce/enlarge with the zoom function?

Regards!
A.

Matt25112
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Disconnecting and re-connecting connectors did the trick. It did not seem like a dirty optic thing. The lines were very distinct and perfectly spaced every 2 mm...very weird must have been a bad connections somewhere never seen that one before. I will post pictures next time, especially now that I have a smartphone, what a tool to have in the field not only do I have internet access and email, I can video tape what a copier is doing if necessary.

Custom Search