PDA

View Full Version : KM 6330 finisher not recognized

Custom Search

Dean
04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
My tech was working on a problem on the finisher in the shop when I went back to check on him he was plugging in a connector to the finisher main board with the power turned on. Now the copier does not even see the finisher. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dean

Mark B
04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
We had someone do this also on a KM-7530. I had to replaced the finisher a-board and the power source pcb. Replacing the engine PCB did not help at all, that was what tech support sugested.

04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
My tech was working on a problem on the finisher in the shop when I went back to check on him he was plugging in a connector to the finisher main board with the power turned on. Now the copier does not even see the finisher. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dean

try running a Sim 906 on it, if that doesn't work I would go with the Finisher Main PCB. I think it is very strange that the copier doesn't recognize the finisher at all, usually you get some sort of reoccouring jam or code if you cook off a board but there is a first for everything.

Good Luck

COPIER DAVE
04-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Have you tried to reset with 906? As one of my techs use to say "906 is your friend"

Dukem
04-26-2007, 05:40 PM
After it is disabled it will not recognize the finisher so the machine won't try to attach to it again until the problem is fixed. Print out the code count (bottom selection in sim 000), on the last page it shows the last code the machine had, for finisher it should begin with an 8. Use sim 906 to reset and machine will recognize finisher. If the code does not reappear life is good! Otherwise check the code from the print out with the manual (or post here) to continue with troubleshooting problem.

Good luck!

Custom Search