PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C500 Scan to Email REMOTE SERVER

Custom Search

Timoteo82
04-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone-

Its been I think a year since I last posted. I was wondering if anyone has some guidance to or towards information relating to scan to email on the bizhub c500. I know how to setup some, when they use their ISP outgoing mail server. But some I am curious how to setup with a offsite exchange server. I am curious what I am doing wrong or where I have gone wrong. I setup everything very similiar to the other settings but simply inputting the exchange server information.

Does anyone have a step by step or screen shots I can follow. I am very curious as to what I am doing wrong. Do I need to direct the ports. I am trying to do this from my office before delivering the machine to make sure everything works properly. I can get my office up and scanning to email but not theirs with the off-site exchange.

Thanks

Mr Spock
04-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Are you using the name of the server or the ip address? Also is the user name and password correct and an email account setup? Since it is exchange are they on a domain server? If so how do the other computers attach to the exchange server. Can you ping the server from the copier? If they use a VPN to attach to the domain you may not be able to set this up.

Timoteo82
04-13-2010, 05:26 AM
I have tried both ways (IP address & Server name), I believe the user name and password is correct, I will have to double check that one just to make sure no errors were created during that. As for the exchange domain server I will have to double check that one... How do you ping the server from the copier? I don't believe a vpn is being used... it was a pretty straight forward exchange/ email server stuff that I have seen. For some reason I can't connect from my location to their remote exchange server and I dont if I need to be looking at ports our what.

Mr Spock
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
How do you ping the server from the copier? I don't believe a vpn is being used... it was a pretty straight forward exchange/ email server stuff that I have seen. For some reason I can't connect from my location to their remote exchange server and I dont if I need to be looking at ports our what.

The VPN may be setup on the router in the office and the end users do not know that it is that way. I have seen remote setups on Cisco switches but do not understand them. Also you may not be able to hit their server outside of their network. If a person there has a laptop check the settings that they are using and that should give you a clue as to what you are missing. Also check with the IT department as they may have some other settings you may need to change such s the port number and ssl what type of authentication.

Timoteo82
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Im actually trying it at my location; not at the customers and not their information. I am using my network solutions email account to try and set this up.

I use my outgoing mail server:
mail.vbpinc.net or 205.178.146.249 for the IP Address

I enter in using my personal email as the device email, log in, etc everything
I even changed a couple port numbers as they suggested to do if having a problem connecting to server to send out.

I am not sure if I am missing any steps... but it keeps coming back as connot connect to server.

Mr Spock
04-13-2010, 10:51 PM
The only thing I did not see you list was if the server is using a ssl or tsl or plain login. this could also cause issues. Does the c500 have the ability to ping the email server? if so does that go through?

Timoteo82
04-13-2010, 11:16 PM
I am not sure how to ping the email server from the machine itself.

As for the login- there is nothing needed its just a plain login

Timoteo82
04-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Ok so I got my network solutions to finally work... To be honest have no idea what I did lol.

So now I moved onto the customers info and put that in and im getting this error code: Forward TX Error

Mr Spock
04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
put something in the subject line and the body of the email and see if it goes through.
This means that it connected to the server and the login worked but not the transfer of the file.

Timoteo82
04-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Ok put something in the subject line and body and didnt make it through... same error. Do you think I need another port. Should I put in the domain server name? the lady gave me mpi
or mpi.mpicomputers.com as the domain server

TheOwl
04-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Try using telnet to determine if the port number is 25 or not.

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 25

If you get a connection, then you should see something written at the top of the screen that tell you that you are connected to the SMTP service.

The other thing that you might need to do is to wite list the copiers IP address or the copiers email address on the server.

Custom Search