PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Pro c500 fixing problem!

Custom Search

majas
04-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Hello,
I have problem when i print SRA3 or A3 on 135 g/m2 coated paper. You can see where is the problem on attached print scan. All print is ok. there is nice gloss (only the lines is all over the print) but the last 7-8 cm is not fixed ok. Maybe somebody know the answer and can halp me?Sorry for my english.
Best regards!
Majas:cool:

RRodgers
04-15-2010, 01:08 AM
You've set the tray you are printing from to something like Normal 4 or higher yes? As far as the lines go... clean the toner that has accumulated under the drums and clean the second transfer roller as well. That should "help"

majas
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Hello, and thanks for quick response.
I've done that things that you're told me. I clean everything and the lines on the left on print disappear. But i print on coated paper, and if i set up the normal 4 the image isn't good fixed on the last 7-8 cm. Better if i set the coated 4 or 5 but isn't good. all time tle last 7-8 cm don't have gloss mode and sometimes isn't fixed ok.

laserman06
04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Couple of things...1. When using coated paper, the machine should be set to coated. 2. I would have your tech perform the transfer belt and fuser belt speed line adj.

Mr Spock
04-17-2010, 12:52 AM
For the lines check the charge coronas and make sure the wire is on the standoffs. I have had them off from a new box. Also so you only run this size paper or do you run smaller paper as well. and what is the percentage?

majas
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I tryied all things that laserman06 and Mr Spock told me. No results. If i print on smaller format like A4 the problem isn't exist. All ok, but almost everything that i'm printing is bigger like A3 or SRA3. I've checked coronas, all are new, and i think everything here is ok. Maybe you know something else about my problem.
Thanks everybody!!

ni311
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
There a two different problems:
1. The lines most likely are from charging coronas, drums or transfer belt. Run the test of every color and you'll find out.
2. The fixing issue might be from the moist paper. Check to have the dehumidifying option on, if available, check all the settings for moist paper, try to raise the temperature in fuser and try to change the paper with a different stock.

majas
04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Hello, and thanks for response. Paper is good. I have two machines c500 (where is the problem), and 8050 (without problem). On the 8050 the print is perfect, fixed ok. i think the temperature is ok because 90% of picture is good, only last 10% have the problem. This image isn't so bad, here you have different scan from the other one: Photo (http://rs411tl2.rapidshare.com/files/378143697/wydruk.jpg)
Thanks all.
Majas

ni311
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Are you sure it is the fusing unit? Did you try to stop it before exiting the fusing unit? Maybe the image it is not transferred or created ok.
On the other hand, there is a big difference between these two scans, the direction of defect is different with 180 degrees.

deep
04-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Heat and pressure should be the main factors which affect fusing property of the copy so I would suggest to swap the fuser with one already known good if possible.

majas
04-20-2010, 10:10 PM
heheheh:D Now i see:o the first scan is only a half part of the paper from the down side. On the second scan you have full scan of the paper. the problem is only on tle last 7-8 cm. I've tried to do the copy from glass and the print is ok, and now i'm think maybe something is wrong with the fiery (ip921) configuration. I've done the recall to standard settings but all time the same results. Maybe something with print configuration in windows?
Thanks, majas

Onetouch
08-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I do have the same problem with C500 mostly on one side of the paper. It dosen't get fused properly because when you touch the printed copy you'll see that the toner comes off to your hand where you touched, just like the image. But I hear a weird sound at the fuser when I hit the "start" on copier. I think there is a shift or clutch that releases the rollers to let it fuse. Is it possiable that some thing dosen't let the rollers run properly or something? Is that make sense to any of you?

Stirton.M
08-08-2010, 10:29 PM
It is entirely possible that the fuser pressure roller is not engaging fully. If it makes a loud "K-THUNK!!!" noise, the fuser should be serviced. Likely it is the torque converter failing in that particular instance. Other issues could be slipping one way gears (torrington gears).

And of course, if you do not have the paper type set correctly on the control panel, if the paper is too heavy, or is coated, this will also cause issue with proper fusing.

HORSE
08-08-2010, 11:27 PM
check that the Shouldered screws that secure the top half to the bottom half are tightened, if they are loose there would be a lack of fusing pressure.

perdana
08-09-2010, 04:27 AM
I think you must change the Magenta Imaging Unit

Mikey
08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Hello, and thanks for quick response.
I've done that things that you're told me. I clean everything and the lines on the left on print disappear. But i print on coated paper, and if i set up the normal 4 the image isn't good fixed on the last 7-8 cm. Better if i set the coated 4 or 5 but isn't good. all time tle last 7-8 cm don't have gloss mode and sometimes isn't fixed ok.

Replace the pressure roller.

Albonline
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
all the heat is bing sucked out of the fixing rollers by your paper stock. set paper settings to thickest stock possible and see if the problem goes away. if it does then test/replace fuser temp sensors/printer driver board. there could also be mechanical problems with the fuser. you should refer your problem to a local konica certified tech.

Custom Search