PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop

Custom Search

tinfox
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't know if you guys saw this. I'd thought I'd just post this in case you might be interested.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2010/04/12/daily33.html?surround=lfn

Jomama46
04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Dead link, TinFox

iMind
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Ricoh Americas Corp. (http://profiles.portfolio.com/company/us/nj/west_caldwell/ricoh_americas_corporation/1471412/), which sells and provides services for imaging equipment such as printers and copiers, plans to close an Irving location, according to a filing with the Texas Workforce Commission (http://dallas.bizjournals.com/dallas/related_content.html?topic=Texas%20Workforce%20Com mission).
Some 53 people will be affected by the June 4 shutdown, according to the April 2 letter to the agency.
The letter did not disclose a reason for the closure of the office. Comment wasn't immediately available Wednesday from the West Caldwell, N.J. unit of Japan's

Read more: Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop; 53 employees affected - Dallas Business Journal: (http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2010/04/12/daily33.html?surround=lfn#ixzz0lCyloJ2a)

Read more: Ricoh Americas Corp. to close Irving shop; 53 employees affected - Dallas Business Journal: (http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2010/04/12/daily33.html?surround=lfn#ixzz0lCyltqm2)

msaeger
04-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Anyone know what was at that location ? I don't think it was an RBS office ?

knightfall
04-16-2010, 12:18 PM
wouldn't surprise me, Ricoh has been having problems last year and trying to recover. They implemented a furlow package to all employees last year where everyone had to take a 5 day leave without pay. I guess this year they are letting people go and shutting down office in Irvine Texas maybe more will follow for them to stay afloat.

Wishbone
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I would be curious to know if this was a long time stand alone Ricoh dealer or an Ikon dealer.

gooseklr
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
I was with IKON for over 10 yrs, things seemed to get better when Ricoh made the acquisition. Prior the the "buy" IKON was closing offices, printing facilities, nationwide, monthly. I wonder if Ricoh bit off more then they could chew buying IKON. Trivia: Did you know the name IKON is an abbreviation for: I Know One Name.

msaeger
04-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Yes I did know "I know one name" because I worked there when they implemented that :) Wasn't there much longer though :) I don't think the Ikon deal is what made Ricoh have problems.

It's kind of a dumb article really, they kind of imply it closed and everyone was fired but I doubt that was the case.

I asked another tech about the Irving deal and they think it was a training facility. No matter what it was I doubt the 53 people lost jobs they probably just have to drive to another office. There is a RBS location in Dallas. There are going to be lots of offices closing as stuff gets integrated but people won't necessarily be losing jobs. I know at some point one of the offices in Minneapolis will close and they will make us all move over to the other one. There are lots of duplicate locations but unless the number of machines changes they will still need the same number of people to support them.

richeyrich
04-17-2010, 05:42 AM
I was with IKON for over 10 yrs, things seemed to get better when Ricoh made the acquisition. Prior the the "buy" IKON was closing offices, printing facilities, nationwide, monthly. I wonder if Ricoh bit off more then they could chew buying IKON. Trivia: Did you know the name IKON is an abbreviation for: I Know One Name.
Wow i could almost say the same thing i worked there 14 years i just left Ikon and went to the competition best thing i did in 10 years i think Ikon will go under soon we are gaining accounts and techs from ikon on a daily basis i hope they keep doing what they are doing because the customer sees the truth now that i am out from under Ikon's shoe on my neck i see the truth im also much happier better paid less stress mostly new machines and all Canon and no psycho manager who needs anger management

gooseklr
04-17-2010, 12:32 PM
LOL. IKON does treat their technical staff like "toilet paper" & sales reps like gods. My manager was an azz as well. They do send them to a manager school that may instill that kind of jerk mentality. To them its all about the number$, I came to realize that nothing else really mattered. We affectionately adopted the phrase.... i-kon-you....

msaeger
04-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Wow i could almost say the same thing i worked there 14 years i just left Ikon and went to the competition best thing i did in 10 years i think Ikon will go under soon we are gaining accounts and techs from ikon on a daily basis i hope they keep doing what they are doing because the customer sees the truth now that i am out from under Ikon's shoe on my neck i see the truth im also much happier better paid less stress mostly new machines and all Canon and no psycho manager who needs anger management

I am talking about Ricoh not Ikon here. I have a friend that worked with me at Ricoh for a long time and caught the grass is always greener syndrome so he quit and decided to try IT. Well he ended up working at the Canon direct office here and compared to that place Ricoh sounds like the best thing ever.

I didn't think Ikon was the worst when I quit 12 years ago but from what I have seen during Ricoh integrating with them I hope Ricoh doesn't go with many of their methods / policies.

I'm pretty sure every place treats the sales people like gods or like spoiled brat kids is how I think of it. Just remember they sold their soul to be in sales so it may be good on earth but they will be in hell for all eternity :)

richeyrich
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I am talking about Ricoh not Ikon here. I have a friend that worked with me at Ricoh for a long time and caught the grass is always greener syndrome so he quit and decided to try IT. Well he ended up working at the Canon direct office here and compared to that place Ricoh sounds like the best thing ever.

I didn't think Ikon was the worst when I quit 12 years ago but from what I have seen during Ricoh integrating with them I hope Ricoh doesn't go with many of their methods / policies.

I'm pretty sure every place treats the sales people like gods or like spoiled brat kids is how I think of it. Just remember they sold their soul to be in sales so it may be good on earth but they will be in hell for all eternity :)

Nicely said.....Amen

Ricoh-ono
04-18-2010, 07:27 PM
The Irving location was not an office sales or service worked out of.

Custom Search